Chapter 8 | Damn You, Mettaton!

You walked through Snowdin, arms wrapped around yourself to keep you warm. You were going to Undyne's house to watch anime with her and Alphys. Meanwhile, Papyrus was... somewhere? He had told you he was going to go back to his house while you were with your friends, but who knows what he was doing. Probably showing off his 'cool looks' in Hotland somewhere though. How adorable.

"Hey Y/N!"
"Oh hey... uh..."

A monster that you had never seen before came up to you.

"So," they said. "I heard you're dating Papyrus now."
"Ye- wait, you only JUST found out? It's been a while for the rumours to spread then..." you replied.
"Oh. So you've been dating for a while?"
"Yeah... why does it matter?"
"I just..."

The weird monster froze.

"I thought it was pretty hilarious that a monster would date a human."
You looked down.
Before you could reply, they said "I knew Papyrus was dumb, but not THAT dumb"
"What?!" You clenched your fists. "He's not dumb! He's just... a bit special. But that's what I love about him! And if you don't think we should date... then that's your opinion! Now let me have mine!"

You took a breath.

"Hmph," the monster said. "You're really mad, aren't you?"
"What does it look like?! You're shaming me!"
"Hey, don't act like I'M the bad person. You should probably blame Mettaton."
"Mettaton?!"
"Welp, I'll be seeing ya'. On TV. Because your face is all over the channels."

You stared, jaw wide open as the monster walked away. You were angry- no, you were furious. Why would anyone feel the need to say cruel things like that! And then you thought about Mettaton... he showed your face on television!

You called up Undyne and told her in an angry voice, "I'm sorry. I can't come over."
Then you hung up.

You stormed over to Mettaton's hotel and went to the shop there.

"Hey, what can I do for you, kid?" the monster there asked.
"Hey," you said to him, trying to act as calm as possible. "Do you know where your boss is?"
"Oh, Mettaton. He's uhh... probably-"

He was interupted by the TV in the main lobby. A familiar tune played, and you realized it was Mettaton's show.

"Hey, actually here's his show now," the burger guy said.

You looked up at the screen.

"Hello my wonderful viewers! Since you guys requested it, I'm going to show you how to look absolutely fabulous, just like me!"

You paid attention to where Mettaton was. He was in Hotland. You ran out of the hotel and ran through Hotland, searching for him. Once you saw him, you ran up to him, forgetting he was live on TV.

"And that's the trick to being beautiful!" He grinned. "I'll see you next time, beau-"
"Mettaton!" you interupted him.
"Oh, if it isn't Y/N!"
"Mettaton, I must speak to you."
"What is it?"

You looked away. "Why have you been showing me on TV?!"
"Well, I only did it once! And that was because I love telling my viewers about the latest gossip!"
"You can't just show someone's face on TV without asking them for permission first!"
"Oh sorry, I'll ask you next time!"
"That's not even the massive problem Mettaton!"

"Oh? Well what is it then?"
"A monster came up to me... and shamed me for dating Papyrus!"
"Well who can blame them? Why would a human date a monster? It's wrong!"
"Well now everyone hates Papyrus and I because of you!"
"No, that's not it. We just hate you. That's because Papyrus is too... dumb? To notice that he's doing something unusual!"

"How could you call a fan of yours dumb? He loves your show!"
"Oh yes, I know he does. And I think he is wonderful for that. But he made a wrong choice, that's all."
"An opinion is not a wrong choice!"
"Maybe it is if there are lots of people against it."

You froze, tears flowing down your face.

"Damn you, Mettaton! You stupid asshole!"

You then ran away.

-

(Hey guys! I decided to add another problem to make this fanfic longer. I'm sorry if it's not a good problem or anything, I suck at ideas. Anyways, I'm sorry for not being very active. Like I've said before, I have lots of other things on. Hopefully in the Easter holidays I'll be more active. Okay, so there's another thing I want to say. It's in the form of a question, though. Should I write a Sans x Reader fanfic? Tell me in the comments. Also thank you so much for all the reads on this fanfic, and also the Napstablook x Reader one I wrote. I'm really surprised that got quite popular. Welp, that's all I have to say. So yeah, I hope you're still enjoying this. -Fabby)