Chapter Five

Scott's POV

I felt like sobbing. Mr. Grassi was going to die and I pretty much couldn't do anything about it. It'd probably take a miracle to get him allowed to be sent home fully recovered. And considering the past things that have happened, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't get any kid of miracle whatsoever.

"I know him," I lied, wanting to see him. Did he hear me comfort him? Is he going to stay alive for at least one more day? Oh god, what if I never tell him I love him?

"Ok fine, you can seen him for a little bit, but once your time is up, you are to leave immediately, you hear me?" Kevin said. I nodded and speed walked to Mr. Grassi's room.

"Hey," I said, trying to smile. "My name is Scott. I don't think I ever got your name."

"Mitch..." He croaked. His voice sounded extremely raspy, but it was still pretty beautiful for someone who had been in a serious accident.

"Oh, Mitch, that's a nice name," I tried to continue the conversation. Knowing I'd do most of the talking, I spoke a lot so Mitch wouldn't have to. "So, we're you going somewhere important on that train? Should I call someone?"

"Stay..." Mitch croaked again. His eyes opened but only enough to let barely a ray of light into them. "Stay with me."

"I'd like it if you answered my question, please Mr. Grassi," I responded, trying to avoid letting him strain his voice. "If you could just give me a name of someone I should call..."

"No." Mitch's voice became stern, though it was still raspy. He closed his eyes and looked away from me.

"Did I trouble you? I'm sorry... Umm... Tell me about yourself," I changed the subject. "Your job, your love life, your personal life."

"Why did you save me?" Mitch asked.

"Because it's my job."

"No..."

"Well... Umm... You seemed helpless so I decided I had no choice..."

Mitch smiled at me. "You're lying," he said. "I can tell."

"A-about what?" I started to sweat, which was never a good sign.

"You care about me..." Mitch continued to smile. "You're one of the first..."

"Well... I'm glad?" I didn't know how to continue the conversation.

"I'm distracting you, continue your work. You have lives to save," Mitch tried to end the conversation. "I need some rest..."

"No," I protested. "Tell me about yourself. Tell me everything."

A/N:

OMG IM SORRY I HAVEN'T UPDATED IN SO LONG. I explain why I was gone in my journal book, which I guess you should probably check out...

Sorry this chapter was short. It's one of the shortest chapters I've ever written and it was kind of a filler...

Anyways, I promise to update here more. And umm... See ya!

-Satan

(Didn't proofread as usual. Feel free to laugh at any spelling/grammar mistakes in this chapter)