Chapter Three

Scott's POV

I was the first responder. I got to the train first and I was the first to step into it. I wasn't even working, I was heading home from a long night shift. The train on the other side derailed and my first reaction was to get everyone out and get them proper medical care. It's my really that surprising that that was my first reaction, since I work for the paramedics.

I jumped into the derailed train and started making sure no one was dead, since if someone died, I couldn't do anything about it. Luckily, the only person who had died was some elderly woman, who seemed to have died of a heart attack and not injuries from the train.

I started picking people up and lying them on the side of the tracks, so I could count them. I don't know why I working like this, because I never take the time to count the victims. But since I was supposed to be going home at he time, I wasn't really in the "You gotta work fast or someone's gonna die" mode.

I got everyone out of the train. Well, except for this one person. He or she or they (I'm not really sure of their gender) was wearing skinny jeans, some really nice boots, and a  black t-shirt, which seemed to be something they wouldn't usually wear. They had flawless facial features; snatched eyebrows, amazing eyelashes, perfect lips...

Stop it, Scott, you're supposed to be saving lives, not drooling over an unconscious person's features.

I picked them up and carried them off the train. They looked terrified, even though they were unconscious. Their face had an expression that could only be explained as pure terror.

"It's gonna be okay," I whispered to the unconscious person. I didn't know why though, I just felt the need to comfort them. "The ambulance is here."

That wasn't exactly true, since there was no ambulance there. But I, as a paramedic, could call them ambulance and they'd arrive within minutes.

I put the body down next to a short blonde woman with some pretty good looking pumps. "Slay!" I smiled, whispering to myself. "Work those Beyoncé heels."

I pulled out my phone and searched for a contact of someone who would probably help me with this. Someone who wasn't working, but would show up no matter what... Hmm.

Kevin. He'd definitely help me. I tapped his contact and the phone started ringing.

"Hello?" I heard his voice, which sounded pretty groggy and tired.

"Hi, Kervy, it's Scott. Listen--"

"You woke me up," I could almost imagine him rolling his eyes and lying on his couch or something.

"I know, I'm sorry. Listen Kev, I was heading home and a train derailed and knocked a bunch of people unconscious and--"

"I'll be on my way, should I bring some people with me?"

"Yes, of course. Bring some supplies... Like a first aid kit or something with you as well."

"Where exactly are you?"

"I have no idea."

"Wonderful." Kevin sounded unamused. "Do you have WiFi?"

"Umm..." I checked my phone. "I have cellular data on so WiFi isn't really a problem for me."

"Ok, I'll see you in about... Five minutes?"

"Ok, thanks Kev. I'll text you my location when I find out."

"No problem, see ya."

"Bye."

I hung up. Hopefully Kevin'll get here before someone else dies

• • • • •

A/N

I wrote this in a car and I'm uploading this in Best Buy...

Two chapters in one day: you're belated Christmas present

See ya fam.

-PentaSatan