VORSTELLUNGEN || Chapter 1 - Write Your Own Destiny

Arthur Lukas

Arthur Lukas.

14. March.
Tuesday, 7:00 p.m.
Lance's Home.

I CLOSE MY EYES, thinking, "You're finally free, Arthur."

For no pleasure could surmount the saccharine release of one's feet from its shackles. The first genuine rest after the war. Laying your head down after the day's battle.

You're finally free.

Lance is home.

He rushes inside the house and I stand up from the couch. He meets my eyes, exhales relief loudly, almost in a chuckle, and I smile at him. Longingly.

DON'T BE TOOWe're finally free, Lance.HAPPY ARTHUR.

SOMETHING BADI can finally be with you.WILL HAPPEN.

HE SECRETLYI love you.HATES YOU.

HE DOESN'TI love you so much.WANT YOU.

"Heim," I start to say. Nothing comes after it. It's everything I can muster.

His face lights up with a boyish grin. "Arthur."

I nod down.

He lifts my chin up with his fingertips. I expect a quick peck, at least, as hinted by his smirk. But I receive a shoe to the face from the ever so gentle Edward Dace.

"What the fuck," Lance mutters under his breath and turns around.

I rub my cheeks and fix my glasses.

Edward screams the moment Niall hauls him inside the living room. He thrashes around, swearing and cussing in tongues. His face is wet and red, and his clothes, like Zweihänder's, are grubby.

"Sir Lance! Balikan natin si Nicholas! Balikan natin 'yong kapatid ko, Sir, please!" he cries.

Niall and Zweihänder try to calm him down and pin him to the couch to stop him from attacking Lance and throwing another shoe.

Lance sighs, pats my shoulder, and treads begrudgingly towards the boys.

Did they leave Nicholas alone?

Did Nicholas choose to stay the villain?

"Edward," says Lance, in a solemn, low voice. "Your brother is gone... Bukas pa nila mahuhukay ang gumuhong building."

So Nicholas James is dead...

But I've no sympathy left for the boy.