Epilogue: Freedom Is A State Of Mind.

Bird walked off stage as soon as she let out the last note. She couldn't hold a candle to Candy's voice, she knew that, but she had to do this for her friend. She headed to the dressing room, fearing she would see the carnage of what had happened a few minutes ago. 

But, the room was still and clean. It made her feel uncomfortable as she walked past the mirrors. What reflected back at her wasn't the blonde haired girl she thought herself to be. The woman reflected back had all the same features she had, but her eyes were blank and sad. 

"Little Bird."

Bird turned to see Little Sis standing there, a fire in her eyes. Bird was actually scared of her friend for a few moments until she heard the next phrase muttered from her mouth.

"It's time."

"We're leaving?" Bird asked, staring at her. Little Sis didn't bother to correct her about the 'we' statement, but she knew that Bird was leaving this place. 

"Yes. But, we have things we need to do first." she said, turning. "Stay behind me, don't do anything."

"Okay." Bird said with a nod as she followed behind her. Little Sis speed walked down the hall towards the kitchen. Little Sis glanced back at her.

"Stay out here, I'll be right back." she said before ducking into the kitchen. Little Sis was relievedwhen the cook wasn't in at the moment. She quickly jogged over to one of the cutting boards and grabbed a knife from one of the counters. She turned and headed back out to Bird.

"What are you doing?" Bird asked, her eyes on the knife. 

"Just wait." she said, heading towards an orderly. The man had his back to her as she walked up behind him, her eyes burning with rage and determination. She lifted her arm up and curled it around the man's neck, the blade of the knife against his throat.

"Give me your gun." Little Sis growled, the orderly lifting his hands up.

"I don't know what you're-"

"I see it!" she yelled, "give me your gun!" the man hesitated, his hand lowering slowly. "Now!" Little Sis yelled again.

"Okay, okay." he said, pulling out the sliver gun. Little Sis grabbed it, pointing it at him. 

"You come after me." she said, her voice cold. "I'll kill you. Come on, Bird."

The two girls ran down the halls, Little Sis' heart beating harshly in her chest.

You can't do it! A voice warned her, you've tried many times and still couldn't do it, so what makes this time any different?

"Little Sis!" Bird yelled, running to keep up with the other woman. "What's going on? What are you doing?"

"Something I should have done a long time ago!" Little Sis called out as she broke out into a run.

--

Candy sobbed, hands running through her hair as she watched Knave kneeling on the floor. His hand on his stomach, blood seeping out onto his fingers. She watched Blue circle him slightly, hand on his gun.

"You should be thanking me." Blue said to him, "having relations with a patient is illegal, and I could just call the police and get you put in jail for the rest of your life."

"Never...stopped y-you...before." Knave choked out, glaring up at him. 

"Whatever you mean nothing to me, so-"

"Hey, Blue!" A call rang out, causing both Blue and Candy to look up from Knave to the door way. Candy's eyes met Little Sis and Bird, who was standing behind her. Blue's eyes met the barrel of a gun and his sister's hard eyes.