Chapter Ten

Hey guys. Honestly, I didn't know what else to do with this story, and we all knew that someday that they would have to be separated since Sasuke is a doo doo and leaves. So, I'm making this the last chapter. Maybe someday when I've rewatched the show I'll find a way for them to be together again...but anyway here is chapter ten! The chapter you have all been waiting for!

________________

Emi frowned up at her uncle, extremely unhappy about his decision.

"But Uncle, can't you just get a new job here?" Emi asked hopefully.

"No, I'm sorry. Even if I could, I couldn't just get a new wife!" he exclaimed.

"But Uncle!"

"Emi, I have to go home. Please don't make this harder than it has to be."

"Can't you just leave me here? I'll be fine on my own!"

"No, you're only a child. Besides, you parents trusted me to take care of you, and that is what I must do." Emi's eyes watered and she glared at him.

"You'll never be as good as my parents were! Just go home to your own family! Leave me alone!" She turned and ran off.

"Emi!" he exclaimed. He hurried to catch her before she left the building, but she was already long gone.

She didn't want to move away. She didn't want to be away from Sasuke. She didn't want to try and make more friends. She didn't want to leave the memory of her parents behind. She wanted to stay more than anything else.

After running for a while, she spotted a familiar head of dark hair, and she instantly ran to him.

"Sasuke!" As he turned around, she threw herself at him, tackling him to the ground.

Sasuke was once again tempted to hit her. How many times has he been tackled to the ground by this ignorant girl?!

"It's not fair, Sasuke! It's not fair at all!" She exclaimed. Just when she thought their relationship was going somewhere. Just when she thought they were finally getting closer. Just when she thought their story was progressing, it was coming to an end.

"What?" he asked. She sniffled, holding onto his shirt tightly.

"I'm leaving," she said quietly.

"What?" Sasuke frowned. This clingy girl was leaving? Why was that? And why did he feel... Unhappy? Shouldn't he be happy that he would soon be free of her annoying ways?

So she couldn't bring him bread or hug him anymore. So what? Why should he care? She was just stupid, a nuisance...

Even to himself, those words sounded like excuses. He did care, even if he didn't want to admit it.

"I'm moving away. Uncle is taking me back to live with him, my aunt, and my cousin," she said sadly, standing up and dusting herself. Sasuke sat there for a moment longer before getting up as well.

Moving away? What about all those promises she'd made to him? Wasn't she going to stay and wait for him once he left? Didn't she tell him she was always going to make bread for him?

He'd taken her for granted, and now that she was leaving, he was more upset than he ever would've imagined he was going to be.

"...When?" he asked. She sighed.

"In a few days. I'm going to pack my things and then..." She sniffled again, trying hard not to cry.

She was leaving him. She didn't know if she would ever have the chance to come back. After moving in with her uncle, she may never see him again. And the thought brought pain to her chest. She wanted to be with him. She wanted to stay with Sasuke.