Chapter Two

Hello! Just saying, I'm introducing the characters as if they had English names. Cause I figure if they speak English the whole time might as well just say their full names that way too. Anyway... Here it is!!

________________

Emi waited on the side of the road again. Waiting. Waiting. That's all she ever did. A small part of her hoped for him to come. That rude boy who ate her favorite kind of bread and then just left. If he came, that was one more step towards her dream. But as she waited and waited, he still didn't come.

She pulled her long brown hair over her shoulder, and played with it, twirling it between her fingers as she scanned the streets for the dark haired boy from yesterday.

She stood up as the sun began to get lower and lower, falling towards the horizon. She sighed a little but shook her head. She didn't want him as her customer anyway! So what if he was the first person outside of her family to eat her bread? That didn't make him special. He was just a jerk. She'd be better off without him.

But she still kind of wanted to see him again.

"Stupid..." she mumbled, dusting off her bottom and beginning to walk home.

"Hey," a familiar rough voice said, and she sighed heavily.

"I really don't like you. I really, really don't like you," Emi said, turning to look at the boy. He shrugged and took from her basket.

Yeah, she really didn't like him for making her wait this long, but she was still happy that he came at all. But maybe she could officially sell some bread to him!

"Do you have any money today?" she asked as he stuffed the bread in his mouth. He shook his head, and she sighed again.

"What kind is this?" he asked. Emi opened her mouth, but he held up his hand, thinking.

"Fish?" he asked.

"Tuna," she said, and he nodded.

"Is it good?" she asked. He shrugged, but the slight twinkle in his eye gave him away.

She felt a little smug now that she could kind of read his emotions. That smugness turned to confidence, and she grinned.

"Good! Your payment... Tell me your name," Emi said. He hesitated, a frown on his lips.

"Sasuke Uchiha." She smiled brightly and held out her hand.

"Nice to meet you Sasuke! I'm Emi Fukawa."

He looked down at her hand, then back at her face. He was a bit surprised she didn't say anything about his family name. But maybe she didn't know. That was better anyway. Less trouble.

"You want the tomato one too?" she asked. He nodded, plucking it out of the basket.

"The price for that one is coming back tomorrow!" she said, and nearly jumped with joy when he nodded.

"Thank you so much! It makes me so happy!" He glanced at her, biting a piece of the bread.

"Why?" he asked.

He noticed the tomato bread was a bit bigger than the day before. Was she expecting him to come this whole time? Did she make this piece specifically for him?

"My goal, my dream, is to bake and have a regular customer. Someone who will come everyday. Someone who actually wants it!" She grinned.

"Such a simple goal..." he mumbled. Her expression hardened.