Chapter Eight

Helloooo Uchiha lovers! Thanks a lot for all the votes! But how about a comment sometimes yeah?

__________________

Sasuke sighed as he sat beside Emi. They were sitting close to each other. Very close in fact. Once again, the girl was completely oblivious to the lack of distance between them. But this time, he didn't really mind that much. He was pretty much used to her invading his personal space.

Used to, like he was almost numb to it. It didn't mean he was okay with it. And even if he was, he wouldn't say anything about it...

"Hey, Sasuke, you don't have anything important coming up do you?" Emi asked suddenly, breaking the silence between them.

"Not really," he said. She sighed.

"Good," she said quietly.

"Why?" he asked.

"I just... I don't want to be alone again... Especially not now because..." She trailed off, looking up at Sasuke. He was looking elsewhere, a bored expression on his face. She smiled bitterly.

"You don't even care do you..." she mumbled under her breath.

She laced her fingers together in her lap. She'd been feeling like her feelings for him were one sided for a while now. But of course they were. Why wouldn't they be? Sasuke was strong and cool and mature and deserved to be liked. Emi didn't deserve what Sasuke deserved. She wasn't supposed to have a team of friends or a bunch of admirers or the respect of others. She didn't deserve anything.

"Ah, well, I suppose I should just give you this and get going shouldn't I?" She pushed the whole basket towards him, and he blinked in surprise.

"What?" he asked, looking curiously at her as she stood up.

"I'm giving up. I'm not going to bake anymore," she said.

"What?" he asked again, and she sighed.

"It doesn't matter anymore anyway," she mumbled.

"But wasn't that your goal?" he asked, standing up as well. He picked up the basket and frowned at it.

"Goals in my family aren't meant to be met. Dreams aren't meant to come true." Her hands clenched into fists.

"I'm not taking this," Sasuke said, holding the basket out to her after taking out some bread.

"It doesn't matter!" she snapped.

"Then what are you going to do with your life?" he said, grabbing her shoulder.

"Die," she said, shaking him off.

"But--"

"Besides, it's not like you ever really cared anyway," she glared at him, then walked away.

Sasuke sighed. She was being annoying. More than annoying. It made him angry. And more than that, it made him worry about her. And he hated that feeling more than anything else. All she's done is get in his way, yet he couldn't stop himself from coming back to this distraction. This nuisance. This stupid girl!

He scowled, his grip tightening on the basket.

"You really think after all that messing with me I'm letting you give up?"

He looked at the basket then where Emi had stormed off.

"No way. Not after all that."

_____________

Emi was sulking in her bedroom when she heard it. Loud knocking on her door. She curled up into a tighter ball under her blankets.

Go away. Go away. Go away. Go away.