Chapter10: Evan Stevens

I ran after him. Finally I caught up with him since he wasn't too far ahead and he was walking slow.

"Thought you'd come," he said smirking.

"So where are we going?" I asked. Now that I thought about it, he was never in Hagird's class. Ever. I don't even think Hagrid knew he was in this class. I shook my head.

"Secret. You'll see," and I just followed him. We walked for a few minutes and then we went  in the school. I got confused and he looked over at me.

"Won't we get caught?" I whispered as we entered through the huge doors.

"Not if we're quiet," he whispered back and kept walking casually but I still hesitated. "Trust me. I always go here," he said and I nodded. I wasn't sure how much I could trust him though.

After a few minutes of climbing staircase after staircase, we were finally on the 7th floor. Then he suddenly stopped in front of a huge wall, which made me almost run into him.

"Uhmm this is your amazing place?" I asked. This is really dumb, he's probably just messing with me.

"Will you be patient? Jeez." he playfully rolled his blue eyes. "You can't tell anyone about this alright?"

"Okay?" I was still unsure but he looked into my eyes for a couple of seconds to see if he could trust me.

Then he sighed and started pacing up and back near the wall. He did this three times and I was about to laugh and say something when I door started to appear.

"Woah," I breathed.

"There's so many secrets about this school," he smiled and opened the door letting me go in first.

I looked inside and stepped in. It was just a medium sized room with a fireplace, couch and sort of like a living room and bedroom.

"This is so cool!" I said kind loud and then covered my mouth. He chuckled.

"No one can hear you." he stated and plopped down on the couch, laying across it crossing his feet. I walked over to the couch and  moved his feet  to sit down next to him.

"Really? So how did you find this place?" I asked curiously looking at him. I never really noticed him that much. Yeah he had a pretty face but he was always smiling or looked well, happy. I don't even think I've ever seen him upset minus the time when I first saw him in the compartment talking to Malfoy on the train. He was so easy-going. Lazy but care free like there were no worries to him.

"I was wondering the halls on my first year and I wanted to be somewhere alone and then this place showed up when I paced back and forth. Pretty cool." He shrugged looking at me.

This couch was pretty big, it could fit both of us with our knees propped up touching each other but barely.

"So why did you start coming here this year?" he asked and I sighed.

 I didn't want to lie to Evan for some reason, but I couldn't tell him the truth.

"Complicated, but I'm here now so that's all that matter to me now," I responded truthfully but I know this wasn't the end of the conversation. I looked down at my hands suddenly fascinated by them.

He leaned in towards me a little, "How come I've never heard of you before? No one has and Malfoy always talks about your father." He cocked his head at me but I still couldn't look into his gaze that was burning on my face.

I jumped when he said father. "You know about my father!" I was scared now but I tried to cover it up a little.

"Well Malfoy is pretty obsessed with trying to figure out who he is and I'm just curious.." he trailed off and then added, "Why he wants to so badly figure out who he is."