The worry obvious in his voice when he pulls my hand away from my face, my red nose and puffy eyes does more than answering the question for him.

"What happen-"

"Nothing. I'm fine. I just feel sick today. See you around", I rush through my attempt at an excuse and quickly turn to walk the other way towards the lobby

Not bothering to turn around and see if he would follow me, I'm almost running as I pass by other people around the hotel, trying my best to go up the stairs in the quickest yet most normal-looking way possible and soon end up on the floor of our rooms.

"Jo."

His voice demands from far behind me as I speedily go up the corridor.

So he did come after me.
He actually did.

"Jo, will you please just stop for a fucking second?", he asks again, louder.

"I said, I. Am. Fine", I grit out a reply through my teeth as I skim through the numbers of the rooms in search of my own, "Please. Stop chasing after me."

"What kind of an asshole do you think I am to not chase after you when there's obviously something wrong? I'm not fucking leaving you alone until you tell me what happened."

"You happened, okay?", I say, clenching my fists at my sides as I walked on and on and finally stop at my room's door to reach for the knob. Pushing through the open lock, I step inside to check if Kandy was back but find nobody instead. Right when I needed her the most. So, I turn around to close the door.

"Don't even think about it."

Damon's strict voice says behind me when I'm suddenly pulled back outside of my room by his strong hold on my wrist. He instantly closes the door with his other hand and pins my body up against it with his, keeping both my hands up above my head with just one of his. There is no possible way for me to escape now other than be forced to look back into his hazel eyes as his chest was pressed close against mine, his face being only a few inches away from mine and my heart racing at an insane pace.

"Get off me", I order.

He sighs, still not letting go, but takes one hand off both my wrists and brings it up to hold the side of my face.

Groaning, I try again, "Damon, will you please-"

"Why were you crying?", he asks, ever so softly like he hasn't just been chasing after me like a maniac, "You said it was because of me, right? Well, what did I do? Please, Jo, tell me what I did wrong and I'll try to fix it."

Keeping my head up and voice low, I take back the tears I still felt like letting out, but don't.

"You...", I sniffle, "You..."

"Yes, me, I know. What did I do?"

He asks me but I can see he's impatient enough. So I take in a deep breath and open my eyes to face his.

"Why... didn't you pick up your phone this morning?"

"My phone? You tried to call me?", he repeats and I slowly nod, "Shit, I'm sorry Jo, but I wouldn't have even known since my battery's been dead from yesterday."