"I swear", one replied, I assume she was the 'leader' of their group judging by how they followed her around, "Look. Here are some photos. See?"

I throw my cup away and head for the door with a roll of eyes at the squealing coming from the same girl.

"Oh my god, I didn't think he'd be that hot."

"He looks like a model too, so tall."

"Right? But I mean...", the middle girl
spoke when I was reaching for the door, "He did tell me that he wasn't single, but the moment he looked at me with these gorgeous hazel eyes, I just... ugh! I couldn't help it."

What?

"Do you even know his name?", one of them laughed.

I look behind me to see the appearance of the main girl and it was then that I immediately regretted my decision. Because obviously it was the girl from both photos I saw this morning.

"I can't remember well, neither of us were too sober by the point of introducing our names", she smiled, glowing with sexiness, "Something like Damien? I think? I don't know but it started with a D, that's for sure."

Great.
Just great.

I stood in front of the door, frozen, my hand hardly reaching for the knob anymore, until I couldn't hear either of the girls voices anymore when they walked away.
He couldn't have spent the night with that girl on the first night of us not being together.
He couldn't have.
He wouldn't.

"No, no, no

"No, no, no...", I cover my eyes with the sleeve of my sweatshirt, "Don't cry. No, don't cry, damn it."

"But the moment he looked at me with these gorgeous hazel eyes - I couldn't help it!"

My mind wasn't cooperating when the door I stood in front of suddenly opened wide. Looking up with red eyes, I stepped back at the sight of the one person I didn't want to see - Damon.

He too held onto his head from a hangover like the rest of the grade but caught sight of me standing in his way quicker than I thought. Biting onto my lip, I turn away from the lazy smile that appeared across his face.

"Jo. Fuck, you're exactly what I need right now", his voice husky and deeper than usual yet still so gentle, it ringed in my head as he took a step towards me, "I went looking for you and then tried calling you but you didn't answer. Is your phone with you?"

Standing outside of the dining hall, his arms reach out to mine but I slightly step back from of his touch.

Confused, he asks, "Jo, Are you okay-?"

"I'm fine", I say through gritted teeth, still covering half of my face with the sleeve, "It's just the hangover kicking in, I guess."

He moves closer to me, his cologne enticing me when his hand takes my wrist in a tight grip, "Then why are you covering your- Wait a minute, are you crying?"