"Alix!" She rushed up to hug me excitedly.

...

We began to play volley ball split into two teams chosen at random.

After a few rounds it was my turn to serve.

"Alix White, it's your go!" Yelled the gym coach enthusiastically.

I threw the ball in the air and went for it. I ended up hitting Richey right on the head with it.

Shit. I thought to myself. A few kids giggled.

"Hahahaha!" His girlfriend Cameron was laughing hysterically.

"Very funny prick." He looked at me with rage in his eyes.

"Aw you okay, babe?" She asked still chuckling.

"I'm fine just get on with the game." He turned around in a rush.

"Ha-ha you suck dick." She said throwing the ball back to me.

"That's enough, Burtwell." Said the female coach to Cameron.

"Ignore them." Miranda mouthed out to me from the other side.

...

When we got back into the locker room it was time to go in the showers, I hated this part the most because I was brought up believing it was a sin to shower with others. Before I went in the shower, Richey walked up to me.

"That was real funny what you did back there you little freak. I'll getcha back." He told me.

"It was an accident I didn't mean to-" I started.

"It doesn't matter you still did it, I'll make sure I get you back. I'll make sure next time everyone's laughing at you." He said as he walked off.

I ignored him and went to the shower area. Scott wasn't too far from me so it wasn't hard to catch a peek at him. Mama always told me that lust-filled thoughts were sinful but I couldn't help it he was just right there next to me. I remembered what his body looked like close up until I realized I felt pressure. I looked down but I didn't understand what was happening. I tried hiding it but it wouldn't work and when I went over to grab a towel I heard a boy shout

"Oh my god you guys Alix has a boner!"

"That fag was probably watching us shower." Answered another boy.

The group of boys then called out "fag-got, fag-got!" over and over again. While they were chanting, Richey pulled out his phone and hit record. "Fag-got, fag-got!" they chanted over and over again as they threw unused towels on the rack at me.

"Stop it!" I yelled. "Why are you doing this!?" I cried out as I sat on the floor covering myself with a towel and shielding my face from the projectiles. They continued until the gym coach walked in.

"What's going on in here!?" He yelled out to the group of chanting boys. It wasn't until he looked at me that he realized what was going on.

"Come on stand up and dress yourself." He instructed.

"I don't know what's going on something's not right, something's not right." I repeated.

"I don't think he knows he has a boner." Laughed Josh.

"NO!" I screamed as the lightbulb from earlier popped.

"You're not helping Joshua. Everyone out now!" Shouted the teacher. The group of boys left the locker room as they talked about what happened with the lightbulb.

"Now Alec," he started.

"It's Alix." I corrected him.

"Alix, just get dried up and dress yourself and then we'll have a talk when you're ready okay?" He said warmer than his usual tone.