Chapter Thirty Eight: Taking Down The King

The next morning everyone awoke to Abigail cooking a large breakfast. “Something smells wonderful, mom.” Brody smiled kissing her on the cheek as he walked into the kitchen. “I figured I would make us something to keep us full and also to take along with us on our journey back to the castle.” She smiled as the others piled into the kitchen.

“You should have woke me up so I could have helped you, Mrs. Michaels.” Bianca smiled. “You need your sleep dear and it is mom.” Abigail grinned pulling her into a hug. “At least let me help set the table, mom.” Bianca replied as she pulled out of the embrace.“That's better and I suppose you can help with that.” she smiled handing her a stack of plates.

“Is there anything I can help with?” Sarah asked from the doorway. “You can help your sister by placing the silverware on the table.” Abigail said shooting her a smile. “Sure now where is it?” she asked opening random drawers.

“The drawer to the left of the sink.” Solara answered as she grabbed glasses out of the cabinet. “Now this is definitely a sight I could get used to.” Brody smiled from the table. “I agree seeing them all working together for the first time is really nice.” Draven grinned.

Once they had finished eating Brody, Draven and Samuel started preparing their packs with different tools and weapons that may help them during the battle. The women cleaned up the kitchen and packed the food into containers placing them all in a pack.

“Kids make sure to pack enough clothes in your packs to last a few days.”Solara hollered upstairs where they were packing. They all finished packing everything they were told to and met up in the living room.

“I think we have everything we need for the trip to the cabin.” Abigail said as she sat down. “Good we have packed all the necessary tools and weapons for the trip and battle.” Samuel said sitting beside her.

“If everyone has everything they need I say we get on the road before we lose more daylight.” Draven smiled taking Solara's hand in his. “I agree the sooner we get on the road the better.” Brody added.

“B, remember if you need help with Hope just let me know and I will carry her on my back.” Sarah smiled. “I will I wish you could just carry both of us.” Bianca laughed. “Nope not strong enough but one day I will be able to.” Sarah grinned as they headed out the door.

In no time they found themselves facing the rock wall they had come through the day before. “So how do we make this thing work to leave?” Bianca asked Draven. “Place your hand right in the center of it and think about moving to the other side of it.” he replied.

Bianca did as he said and within seconds a waterfall was gushing down behind her and the cave was in front of her. “It worked.” She squealed with excitement. “Of course it did.” Draven laughed as the others followed him into the cave.

Once Bianca made her way into the cave the waterfall was gone and a rock wall was present again. She was amazed at how well the hidden entrance worked. They continued through the caves and into the woods before deciding to stop and take a break to eat some of the food they had brought with them.