Daryl's first fight with me

we walked until we saw a nice place to rest seeing it was about 12 pm (noon) and it was very hot out. We sat down at a diner after we cleared it first. Rick and Daryl were fighting about their mom's when I said "At least you have a mom." before walking inside the diner. Then Daryl found me in the back keeping watch will Rick and Carl caught up. He pulled a chair next to me. "So, who was the one person you killed?" he asked. It took me off guard since I didn't know he was there. "Relax" he smiled "just me." I sat back down and looked at him. "What do you mean?" I asked. He took a deep breath and continued. "When Rick asked you the 3 questions you said you killed a person and then you said it was a girl and that they were bit and asked you to. What happened?"

I swallowed. No one had asked me that before. Even though it happened about 6 months ago it still haunted me every night. Id have nightmares on occasions that when I shot her she didn't die and she killed me. Then I would wake up and still be in the same crappy place I was the night before. But I wasn't about to tell Daryl that. Him of all people didn't deserve to know. Not that he was a bad person by any means but not someone I viewed as a person who could keep secrets.

"Well, about 6 months ago we were coming back from the woods and we heard a noise. She turned around and right as she drew here weapon he bit her. Right on the neck. I stabbed him in the brain and then she told me to kill her. She more then less begged me to kill her so no one would get hurt by her." he looked at me. "Who was she?" He asked. I hesitated before I said, "My mom." he sighed. "I'm sorry." I shook my head. "No its okay. I buried her in the back yard. She had a nice little ceremony. Even if it was just me there. She was everything to me you know." He smiled.

"Rick, Glenn, Tyreese, and Maggie all used to burry people that were sick in our community farm and died. It was kind of like a tradition ever since this crappy world started fucking World War Z. I used to watch them burry them from the place. I would pretend that I was busy so I didn't have to do it."

"So in other words you were lazy." "No. I was just not cut out for burring people. It wasn't my job as a person to do that. I was the one that had to save everyone's asses no matter where we where. It was like a prison there and know I have to keep Rick, Carl, and you alive." He said. "I didn't ask you to do anything for me." I said as he looked at me. "Well that I know you you kinda did." He said. "First off don't tell me that I cant protect myself and second don't ever tell me you know how to deal with my mother dying. She was killed because I couldn't protect her. But I don't need you babysitting me. Tell Rick and Carl it was nice meeting them and good luck. I'm out."

"And go where?" He asked following me out of the restaurant. I turned around. "Somewhere without you." I said. As I walked down the road with my weapons and my bag.

"Where is she going?" Carl asked. "Daryl pissed her off." Rick said. "Way to go Daryl. You pissed her off." Carl said . "Don't say that ." Rick said and they went down the road after me. But Daryl stopped them. "I did it, ill go get her and tell her to come back. You guys stay here." and with that he was running to catch up with me.