Chapter Seven- Ominous

Welcome to chapter seven (: Please enjoy it.

WARNING: Deidara ^^
DISCLAIMER: I don't own Naruto or the song (Lightning Crashes by Live).

Anything in bold is important or with emphasis.
This is what memories look like.
This is what thoughts or letters look like.
'This is what song lyrics look like.' 

--

'I can feel it, coming back again, like the rolling thunder chasing the wind.'

--

   Uchiha Itachi is one ominous motherfucker.

   He didn't glance at me, or Chiyo. His eyes were on Sasuke, Naruto and Kakashi only. So once again I was being overlooked. That set my blood to boiling. From the way Kakashi was holding us back, more specifically me (his arm was splayed out directly in front of me, having glanced from the corner of his eye), the chances of me releasing some of that tension on fighting Itachi was not likely in the slightest.

   Great. I would say I was being underrated again but seeing as how Itachi was not the one for me to fight, but for Sasuke (though not now), I would have to deal. And I wanted to keep my strength up for when I would fight Masao, most likely later today if he was still at the cave with Gaara and the other Akatsuki.

   "Kimi-chan," Kakashi murmurs. "Keep Sasuke back, will you? If you can."

   "Hai," I respond, my voice clipped and emotionless. I turn to Sasuke. He's glaring directly at Itachi, Sharingan spinning rapidly. I frown. I didn't want to disable him completely by using a mind block, because then he wouldn't be able to fight as easily if needed. But I could. His muscles are tense and so are mine. I would have to physically hold him back. Words wouldn't cut it this time.

   I pay half attention to Itachi the entire time, my eyes staying focused on Sasuke instead. Itachi's words briefly process in my head, dismissed once understood and then not drawn upon again. I note the way he points at Naruto. And how Naruto Rasengan'd the empty air. He was likely under a genjutsu, but my watchful eye was the only thing preventing Sasuke from attacking Itachi and I couldn't possibly look away.

   Itachi finally turns to Sasuke again. "Foolish otouto. You are not strong enough to beat me." Sasuke snarls and charges forward. I grab his wrist as he takes his first leap towards Itachi, and when he struggles I increase the pressure, a clear promise that if he moved I'd break his wrist. If he doubted my willingness to hurt him in order to hold him back like Kakashi asked me to before he didn't now.

   A muscle in his leg twitched and he was about to attempt escape. I send a mental block through to his head, giving him pause long enough for me to properly hold him back, kneeling on the ground with his hands twisted behind his back and held in place by my near bone-crushing grip. He growls at me. "What the fuck?"

   "I'm only listening to Kakashi," I respond.

   "But you should fucking understand! I need to do this!" He hisses, trying to twist his wrists around. I smirk at the back of his head and tighten my grip ever so slightly.

   "I do. But now is not the time. Your allegiance is to Konoha. Your priority is carrying out your assigned missions above all else, avoiding conflict if necessary and obeying your superiors. And doing your damndest to put your teammates and mission above any personal motives you might have. Like protecting Naruto. Right? Or no?"

   He growls once again but doesn't struggle anymore. After a few tense moments I release him. Then he stands smoothly, approaches Naruto's stiff form, and knocks him on the head with his fist to force his chakra . Naruto jerks once and his eyes fly open. He looks at Sasuke, then over to me. Then to Chiyo and finally Itachi. "Where's his clone?" He asks.