Chapter Six- Comfort

Okey, so here is something very important about this chapter- Some of the arc I did not remember so I looked it up and realized that some major edits need to be done to chapter five. So I'm about to edit those in, please go read them (: 

WARNING: Cussing, blood, a bit of gore.

DISCLAIMER: I don't own Naruto or the song (Hey Jealousy by Gin Blossoms).

Anything in bold is important or with emphasis.

This is what memories look like.

This is what thoughts or letters look like.

'This is what song lyrics look like.' 

--

'If you don't expect too much from me you might not be let down.'

--

   Kakashi manages to block her at the last moment, making some sound akin to a squawk of indignation. "Nani?!" He asks, side stepping another of her blows.

   "YOU! MORTAL ENEMY!" She shouts, diving after him again. She was just an old woman, distinctly ninja. My eyebrows are raised, a small smile tugging at my lips. Sasuke looks mildly amused, and Naruto is outright laughing.

   "I have no idea who you are-"

   "White Fang of Konoha-"

   "That's my father, Sakumo! I'm Kakashi-"

   "Liar! I'll-"

   "Help!" He shouts, diving to hide behind the three of us. One of his hands grips my hip and stays there, scooting me to the side slightly so he could see past me in his crouched position.

   "What do you want me to do, Kakashi-sensei?!" I ask, twisting to be able to look at him. I turn to the woman. "Listen, I don't know what happened but he's not Sakumo, he's Kakashi. The son. Surely you've heard of him? Copy Cat Kakashi?"

  The old woman blinks twice. "Oh." She turns and reenters the hospital room. We trail in somewhat cautiously after her, finding the room to be in a comical sort of state. Kankuro was on his hospital cot, motionless and without any facepaint. I rather preferred him like he was now, quiet and without all the purple, though it would be more enjoyable under different circumstances. Like where Gaara hadn't been jinchuriki-napped by the Akatsuki, which my brother was amongst still and very much a member of. Over the years I'd heard about bits and pieces of his various exploits, being able to piece together a little timeline for his whereabouts and actions. With extreme difficulty, of course.

   Temari held her head in her hand, appearing incredibly stressed and slightly annoyed by the woman's antics. Another older person, a man, sat in one of the waiting chairs against the wall. "Chiyo-baa-sama," Temari grits out, "this team is from Konoha. The ones being sent to rescue Gaara. These are elders in Suna," she says, the last part obviously to us.

   "Konnichiwa! I'm Uzumaki Naruto!" Naruto says. "The old man is Hatake Kakashi, and the two antisocials are Uchiha Sasuke and Kioku Kimiko. Kimi's ninken is Makoto."

   "I'm not antisocial," I mumble. I'm deftly ignored. Chiyo peers at us carefully, eyes narrowed.

   "You sure these are the right people? They don't look very tough," she asks Temari.

   "We're all jonin level," Kakashi assures her, a bright little closed-eye smile on his face. She snorts and looks to Temari for confirmation.

   "He's right. They are. Besides, one of them is supposed to personally know one of the members that attacked." Her tone is brusque. Makoto stiffens slightly. I barely manage not to do anything. So that meant Masao was here, huh? Either that or Itachi was. Sasuke and I share a look.