Chapter 19- Desire (Ava)

Start from the beginning

"Ava, are you sure about this?" He asked.

I smiled, running my fingers across his chest, "I don't think I've ever been surer, Fred."

Those simple words were enough to cause our lips to collide again, and I reached for his belt clumsily. The buckle was old, and wouldn't seem to undo, so I reached over for my wand on the bedside table and undid the belt with a simple charm.

As he tried to take his jeans off, they got caught underneath his feet and he tripped backwards onto the bed behind him. I burst out laughing, but only for a moment before Fred pulled on my arm and I tumbled down on top of him.

I was suddenly distracted by the little amount of clothes between us, and the sight of so much of Fred's skin sent a particular thrill down my spine.

He tugged at my jeans, jerking me away from my thoughts as I reached down to help him pull them off. Suddenly, all that was left between us was underwear and nothing else.

I glanced down at my body and reached to cover up the bruises that were dark against my arms and legs. Fred caught my wrist and shook his head.

"You're beautiful, Ava. Despite everything that they did to you, you're still beautiful. You have no need to be ashamed of your bruises. All they do is make me want to find those Death Eaters and kill them."

I stared at him, lost for words for only a moment before the only thing that I could think spilled from my mouth.

"I love you, Fred Weasley," A smile spread across his face as I said it, and he reached up and kissed my neck lightly.

"I love you, I love you, I love you," He whispered, "I've wanted to tell you for so long."

I laughed, leaning back to study the smile on his face. He looked so blissful, as if the war wasn't going on around us. I wanted to get lost in him and remind myself of the happiness in my life.

With a smile, I leant back down and covered his mouth with my own.

* * *

"Fred! Where are you?"

I groaned as the voices from downstairs woke me up. I felt Fred stirring beside me, but he made no motion to get up. Instead, he reached an arm out and pulled me towards him. I leant my head against his chest and intertwined my fingers loosely with his.

Laying there with Fred beside me felt like we were miles away from everything that was going on in the war. I wanted to stay there forever.

The door to my bedroom flew open, and George walked in, glancing behind his shoulder.

"Ava, have you seen-" He froze, his mouth clamping shut as his eyes fell on the two of us. I sat up sharply, pulling the covers around me as I felt my cheeks burn.

"Well," A smile spread across George's face as he tried to stop himself from laughing, "There's a mission for the Order that needs to be done today, Fred. We're leaving in ten minutes."

Fred nodded silently.

George turned away as if to shut the door before facing Fred with a smirk, "Well done, mate."

I grabbed a pillow and threw it at the door with a shout, just before the door slammed shut behind George.

I heard Fred burst out laughing beside me, and I groaned, flopping back down against the pillow.

"Aw, hey," Fred reached out and tucked a loose strand of my hair behind my air, "George won't go around blabbing. We're staying at Aunt Muriel's, for Merlin's sake. I'm sure she would be absolutely horrified if she knew."

I laughed and leant up to kiss him softly, "You should probably get ready. Any chance I can come with you?"

Fred shook his head, "Funnily enough, Remus told me last night when we all left the kitchen that I was not to allow you to come on any missions."

I pouted, "Why on earth won't he let me?"

Fred pulled away, reaching over for his clothes, "Because he cares. And I care too, Ava. We've only just got you back. It's too early for you to start missions- it's dangerous."

I opened my mouth to respond, but closed it. I didn't want to start an argument now.

While Fred went into the bathroom to get ready, I quickly threw on a shirt and jeans. I was still not used to my hair swinging about my shoulders, but I supposed that it was a change that I had to come to terms with.

I stuffed my wand into my pocket just as Fred emerged from the bathroom, and the two of us made our way down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Sitting at the table were Mr and Mrs. Weasley, while George leant against the counter chatting to a familiar figure.

Ginny.

My face lit up and I leapt towards her, enveloping her in a hug, "Ginny! I didn't know that you were here!"

She laughed into my shoulder, "I was out with Ron. He left yesterday."

I pulled away in confusion, "Ron was here? What about the others?"

"No," Ginny shook her head, and I noticed a glint of sadness in her eyes, "Ron took a break from them and came to stay with us for a while. But he decided to return to Harry and Hermione yesterday."

I nodded slowly, "I hope they're all alright."

"You don't need to worry about them, Ava," George chipped in, throwing an apple to me as he spoke, "Harry's got it all under control, I'm sure."

I caught the apple with a smile and nodded, although I wasn't sure if George was right. I couldn't help but worry about Harry, even if I knew that he was alright.

Fred glanced at his watch, "Well, I guess we'd better be off then."

George nodded at him, and turned to say goodbye to everyone. I waved at him, "Look after yourself, George."

He raised his hand and saluted, "Aye, aye captain."

I felt Fred's hand wrap around mine, and I turned to face him, "Are you sure I can't come with you?"

"Remus would kill me. And then he'd kill you." Fred shook his head and I sighed, squeezing his hand quickly.

"I hope I don't need to tell you to be careful then," I whispered. Fred simply winked at me and released my hand.

I watched as the two twins made their way out of the kitchen door, leaving the rest of us in the kitchen.

"Is this what it's like?" I asked Ginny, "Having to sit around and wait all day for them to come back?"

She nodded, "It's not my idea of fun, and I doubt it's your's either."

She was right. Fred and I had just taken a big step in our relationship, and now I had to watch him go away on a mission with no idea if he would return.

It appeared that I needed to ask Remus again, and hope that he would allow me to do something. Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to cope with being cooped up inside again.