Chapter 14

- Megan's POV -

Another Friday, but probably one of the emptiest fridays I've had.

I felt so lost without Harry, I don't know what it was.

The whole night last night, I couldn't even stop thinking about him.

Why would he just not want to see me?

We both seemed to go back to our usual routines, me spending my days with my "friends" and Harry spending his time on a majority of school work.

I was starting to grow bags under my eyes, but of course I'd cover it up with concealer. I didn't want anyone to see those.

I looked as if I just brushed the situation off, but my head was pounding, just overthinking about him.

The last time I ever talked to Liam was that night at the 5SOS gig. I wasn't planning to talk to him whatsoever.

I was sitting in my English class, Harry sitting on the opposite side of the classroom, kids throwing paper at him and pencils flying out of nowhere.

I sighed. I hated seeing him getting bullied. He didn't even do anything wrong, and yet people were oblivious to how kindhearted he was.

"Stop with the ruckus." Mrs. Watson snapped, and finally that's when they decided to stop messing with Harry.

He seemed so reserved just doing the classwork.

And me, I was completely spacing out.

"Megan. Why was Romeo forbid to see Juliet, ever?' Mrs. Watson seemed to find me not paying attention at all.

"Um." I said quietly, furrowing my eyebrows.

But then that was when I remembered when Harry read me fragments of Romeo and Juliet that first time we worked on the project at his chess club meet.

I bit my lip, Harry looking up at me as if he remembered too.

He looked at me as if he was trying to tell me.. That I knew this.

"Well, isn't it because Juliet and Romeo's families were rivals? They were forbid to ever see each other, Juliet being a Montigue and Romeo being a Capulet." I spoke, people looking at me weirdly. "But I mean don't get me wrong.. But it got pretty messy at the end." I rose my eyebrows, as I heard a faint chuckle come from Harry. He was still jotting down stuff.

I didn't even know I had those words in me.

"Exactly, Megan! Thank you for that precise theory."

I nod once, pulling a small smile.

Breathing out, just in time the bell rang.

Getting out of my seat, I grabbed my textbook and slinged my backpack over my shoulder.