×Dream Egg×

Chapter×13

×Dream Egg×

Chi's pov~
So after that little thing was settled we some how ended up here...on a mountain...next to a cliff. I think this is Mount. Spilt-in-Half...And I have no clue when, how, or why we are here. And yes I did space out thinking about Mr. Clown in a bunny suit and a chainsaw....I know. I have a fabulous mind.
Anyway Menchi was standing at the edge of this trench cliff thingy. With gone and killua at her side and old geezer and I behind her. Everyone was questioning what this is. Or what does this have to do with anything. Well bug people just shut up and wait! Geez so impatient.
"Look down there. A spider Eagle's web." Menchi stated as she stared down. "They build webs down there?" Gone questioned nicely. That was when I understood. Gone would be an awesome little bear for Halloween! That and where this is going.
A sudden updraft raced up hitting us all in the face. And made my oversized shirt to fly up showing my small shorts and all my knifes I have strapped on. I could feel many guys scoot away from me quickly in fear. I allowed myself to freely smirk at this. Chubby fell down onto his back in fear of the updraft as gon starred at it starry eyed like it was a trunk load of his favorite sweets just for him.
"Look below the web." Menchi instructed. "Those are..." Gin started softly. To which Menchi finished the sentence for him. "Those are spider eagle eggs."
This time the old geezer stepped up. "Spider Eagles build their webs in deep ravines, to protect their eggs from predators. This makes their eggs one of the most difficult ingredients to obtain. The eggs are also known as dream eggs." He explained. I nodded as I took in the information. Stepping away from him I stood next to Menchi to her right. "Mind if I join in the fun?" I asked to which she smirked and nodded. This time chubby talked up. "Wait a minute. You don't mean we..." He said in fear. "I sure do." Menchi said in amusement. "What?!" Chubby shrieked out in fear. I really wish this idiotic cockroach would just shut up...
Looking at each other. We both took three steps forward and jumped into the air. Plummeting down the tavern thing. She simply did a type of dive while I just had my legs firmly underneath me. She grabbed onto one of the webs and did a few little tricks while I simply landed on top of it barely making my cord move.
Everyone yelled out in surprise besides the old geezer, gon, killua, needle dude, Mr.clown, and kurapika.
Jumping down once more I grabbed hold of the web and waited with menchi for the wind warning.
A slight wind softly breathed up barley noticeable but just enough. And with out hesitation we let go of our webs and got one of the eggs.
While plummeting down to what would be death. The draft kicked in and pushed us both to the top where everyone else stood gawking like morons. "That looks fun." Killua said in a whisper.
"This ravine has updrafts that help the hatched chicks fly up to the web." Geezer explained. "There. Noe I just need to boil the egg." Menchi said with a smile. Chubby looked at us as if we were insane. "You must be joking. No reasonable person would jump down there" Does this guy not understand or is he just a bug brain. With a brain literally the size of a beatle. This poor poor bug must have never met gon and his little group. "I've been waiting for this!" Gon yelled out happily. Then many followed behind. Menchi had a look of alarm as they all jumped down. "Wait! I haven't finished explaining everything!" She yelled out to deaf ears. I shrugged and left her side to boil this with moshi who was sitting tiredly next to a pot filled with bubbling water. Menchi looked over at me with a frown when she saw moshi. "Is it time already?" She questioned sadly. I only nodded my head not knowing what to say. "*sigh* just...don't get killed. You're a very good friend and I wouldn't want you to just kick the bucket yet. After all you promised me that you'd help me with that nen trick of yours..." Menchi mumbled as she went back to look at the group.
A second later the old geezer made a grunt sound then started to laugh. Looking over my shoulder I saw gon and the others survived. "And the rest of you? I guess you quit." Menchi said almost happily as chubby was still in the crowd. "It takes courage to concede, too." Old geezer stated.

Soon we all got to boiling our eggs. Mine which was done first was just cooling off a little so I wouldn't burn my mouth. Once cooled to my liking I took a bite and moaned in bliss. It was heaven. So yummy. This is the closest thing I'll ever come to the white gates of pure souls. I am actually thinking about jumping back down just for another one.
Gon then walked over to chubby. "Would you like a bite?" Gon asked nicely with a smile. Taking the boiled eggs from him wearily. He took a bite and gasped. "Its delicious.." Menchi walked over and replied, "Now you've experienced the joy of discovering how good something can taste. We're risking our lives for that joy." She said glowing in pride. "I was outclassed this year...I'll be back next year!" He said as he bowed to her. Gon radiated with happiness when he heard this. While I only shook my head. "That boy really is your son no doubt about that..." I whispered as I hugged moshi to my chest. "*sigh* Hey Geezer! Ima go get another one real quick that was just too good!" I yelled out as I jumped off the ground and down the trench grabbing another egg. Making a nen string I pierced it in the rock and swung myself back onto the ground with out anyone noticing I left. Putting the egg into the boiling water I waited eagerly for it to finish so I can eat it...again.