Chapter 26: Dean Meets Lisa

Expecting to spend some quality time with Dean to make up for a tense and awkward evening, the last thing Frank wanted to see waited in the hall outside their door. A woman with thick black hair which hung in smooth waves over her shoulders, jeans tighter than Dean's old t-shirts, and a skimpy red tank top lounged against the wall.

"Not tonight," Frank groaned, peering down the hall from the stairwell access door.

"Why?" Dean whispered, head poking out next to his. "Who is she? Is she with the building owner's association?"

"No," Frank sighed. "Listen, do me a favor. She's going to flirt mercilessly with you. Don't tease her like Shelly, just pretend you don't understand what she's doing. Act like you're totally gay otherwise she won't stop."

"Slut from hell?" Dean guessed, to which Frank nodded. "How do you know her?"

"She's my cousin," Frank sighed, heading into the hall.

By walking in front he missed Dean's presence beside him. As the dark haired woman stood to wait expectantly for him, Frank turned to glance back.

Still standing in the stairwell doorway Dean wore a strange expression. It was a cross between watching an oncoming head-on collision and realizing there was a murderer lurking in the next room.

"Come on," Frank waved him forward. "Might as well start meeting the family."

Mumbling incoherently under his breath, Dean shot Frank's cousin dire glares as he approached.

"Lisa," Frank called out, "I thought we'd agreed you wouldn't show up anymore. You're supposed to call first."

"It's wonderful to see you too, Frankie," Lisa purred, her saccharine voice grating on his raw nerves. Her heated gaze took in Dean with one luxuriating sweep.

"Ooohh, nice upgrade, cuz." Shifting her feet, her right hip jutted out in what she believed was her sexy pose and she planted her hands on her hips. She winked at Dean. "I don't suppose you've ever tried a real woman? Promise you won't go back."

A quick glance revealed deep pink crawling into Dean's ears and cheeks though Frank could not tell if it was embarrassment or anger.

"You're such a bitch, Lisa." Frank waved her aside so he could unlock his door. "Is Jim paying you to check up on me?"

"You make it sound dirty," she whined. "Our favorite cousin is worried about you."

Dean's snort expressed their shared opinion about her errand.

"Your favorite cousin is the one you can sponge off of," Frank accused, standing aside to wait. Lisa strode in as if she had an invitation, her hips swaying from side to side.

Dean approached slowly and stopped at the threshold. "Really? You're related to that?"

"When you have a whole bunch of apples, there are bound to be a couple of bad ones," Frank whispered. Jerking his head in Lisa's direction he added, "There's the worst of the lot."

"I can hear you whispering," Lisa called from the kitchen. "You have wine now? Should I pour three glasses?"

"Two," Frank called back.

"One," Dean shouted at the kitchen. Then under his breath, "In a paper cup to go." Twin green eyes pleaded with him. "How do we make her leave? Now?"

"Depends on why she's here," Frank replied. "Ready to go find out?"

"I could find out and you could visit Craig next door. You still haven't seen his vacation pictures," Dean suggested.