Chapter 16

A/N

THATS RIGHT!

THATS RIGHT!

Now quit asking for the updates, can't you see I am trying to kill people off in my other stories? An evil author has priorities you know

Anyways, enjoy. 

~Ringleader_Robin

(Kit)

--------

It was more than a little awkward wandering the halls of Mount Justice. It just did not feel right to Dick, like the feeling one would get when walking through a dark alley and the uneasy feeling that you would get jumped any second if you do not watch your back. When he finally ran into a familiar face, it did not help the churning in his stomach. "Hey Walls..." Dick managed a half-hearted smile, though there was no real sincerity behind it. Like it or not, he felt broken and lost, seeing his supposed best friend did not exactly ease him into his new found reality.

The speedster mirrored the awkward smile that never reached his eyes. "Hey dude, Whats up?" They both knew exactly what was up, but they were both hoping that the forced small talk would help from talking about lingering questions and gossip that has been filling the cave ever since the return of Dick.

"Nothing much, trying to find out where I can get some decent food, but Bats has me basically under house arrest." Translation: he is afraid that Dick would go out on his own and either run away again or do something reckless. Why couldn't they understand that this was his battle to fight? He is the one that should bring that man to justice. "They won't even let me near computers, could you imagine how bored I am here?"

Wally knew that being held like this was driving his best friend insane, but he understood why they were doing it. That still did not help with how guilty he felt for choosing the League's side and helping keep an eye on the teen. It has been two weeks since Jason brought him here and Dick was getting restless like a caged animal. " Well, maybe I can do a snack run for us, I promise not to eat everything before it reaches you this time, I promise." He joked lightly but scrunched away awkwardly when the other did not even smile. "Dude, I am trying here ..but I don't think it is the best idea to let you go--"

Dick scowled, fists clenching "Right, you are afraid that I will somehow cause chaos. Riding into Metropolis demanding for Luthor's head on a platter while I destroy every building in my wake like fucking Godzilla." He snapped at, anger rising. "I am not some criminal! I do not deserve to be detained like this! Don't you think that seven years of that was enough!?"

Wally flinched at the other's words. "Dick...we are just trying to help. I know that you want to go after Luthor, but the way you are going at this is wrong. We need to bring him to justice."

"And You think locking him away is justice enough for what he did to me!?" Dick shouted at. "Just so he can use his dirty money to bail himself out and run the streets again without a scratch on him?" Dick's eyes narrowed. "I will be damned if I let that happen, there is no way he is not leaving until he has to eat out of a straw for the rest of his life."

Wally shivered at the hostile tone Dick was using. He knew that Dick had every reason to be upset, but this aggression is exactly why he is confined here in the first place. "Dude, I want to help, but this is not the way to go at this. Batman has already sent Supes in to get Luthor into League custody so they can interrogate him. Please Dick, you will get your justice. If you don't I will single handedly grab that dirtbag and drop him at your feet."

Dick paused slightly at the other's words, determining if he was sincere on what he just said. He decided he was and gave a smile, the first real one in quite some time. "That would definitely be a lot better than the half eaten burger you brought me last time." he noted, a small smile tugging at the corner of his mouth as he said it.

Wally let out a silent relieved sigh at the other's words, if he did not know any better, he could of sworn that Dick smiled for a second."Hey I was hungry and you cannot blame a guy with a fast metabolism, it's nature's fault." Wally protested but smiled as well, glad that he defused the situation without having to bring in a League member to diffuse it for him. However, he was serious. If Lex Luthor escaped without a scratch on him, he would help Dick kick his ass. "Seriously though Dick, I am on your side, you know that right?" He asked hesitantly, not knowing if the other had taken his words as seriously as he wanted them to. He really would, and he wanted to prove to his best friend that he would always be there for him.

Dick went in for a hug, squeezing the speedster tightly. "I know that you got my back Walls, And I appreciate it..you have no idea how much I need this.." He gave a shaky sigh before letting go, feeling like things were slowly returning back to normal between them. "That, and you still owe me for that burger because you ate the other half after I saw you ate the first."

"Hey now! you said you did not want it! It's not my fault you were acting like a preschooler and acting like I have cooties or something." Wally chuckled, crossing his arms.

"I believe that it is a scientific fact that you indeed have cooties, I mean, no one can possibly be that ugly." Dick teased, shoving the other slightly.

"Excuse you, I am the best looking on this entire team, so watch it Boy Wonder" Wally playfully shoved the other back, who stumbled a bit but caught himself. He watched as the other teen's smile widened more. It felt like things were going back to the way it was before all this new information came up, before his friend's reality shattered into too many pieces to pick it all up and put back together. If Only things would stay like this, But Wally knew that this was only the tip of the iceberg, and that trouble was just around the corner.