Chapter 9

Dick gripped the flash drive tightly in his hand, he knew whatever was on it, it was trouble. He feared it might have something that would steal away this brief moment of happiness. He had a family now. Sure, it was not blood..but he felt already so close with Tim and Jason..even Damian, who bit him. He never imagined that Bruce found such good natured kids..for the most part.

"Dick, now that you are here, you have to show us some of your acrobat skills."

"Fangirl much Drake?" Jason laughed a bit and placed his hand in Tim's shoulder. " He has had a man crush on you for the longest time..that's why he wanted to become Robin"

"Put a sock in it, Todd!" Tim interrupted, face reddening a bit. " You wanted to live up to the name too! I'm not the only one!"

"And you both were a disgrace." Damian muttered.

"Say that again you imp" Tim scowled

"I said you are a –" Damian got tackled to floor and the next thing Dick knew, there was a fistfight right in front of him.

"Whoa whoa whoa! Common guys!" Dick moved in to intervene, trying to pull Damian off of Tim, earning a kick to the face.

"Hey you little demon! You just kicked Dick!" Jason pulled the two apart, looking at Dick " Welcome to everyday life in the Wayne household. You okay?"

Dick rubbed his forehead, chuckling a bit " I will manage, it wasn't that strong of a kick."

"Are you implying that I have a weak kick?" Damian challenged

"Nah" Dick teased a bit, ruffling Damian's hair much to the small child's displeasure. "Why don't we continue this reunion upstairs..the bat cave is too gloomy..no offense Bruce." He grinned looking up to his old mentor. " Am I allowed 'up top'?"

"Of course you are allowed"

---------------------------

It was so surreal for Dick as he walked up to the mansion."...It hasn't changed at all.." Dick grinned a bit, scanning the living room.

"Yeah Bruce fired the interior designer " Jason rolled his eyes.

Dick grinned a bit before jumping onto the couch, sprawling out. " Man, I missed this couch! It still has my butt groove."

"Dude, TMI." Jason chuckled, walking over to the couch. "Dickie, you hungry? I'm sure Alfred would love to cook a meal for you, right Alfred?"

"It would be my pleasure, is steak and gravy still your favorite Master Dick?"

Dick bolted up "Guys I'm flattered and all...but I don't want to be any more trouble than I already am. I don't want to impose.."

"Nonsense." Bruce interrupted " You're family, even if you really tried, there is no way you would impose on us." Bruce sounded a bit desperate even though he was trying hard to hide it. It was still a shock that Dick came back into his life, all of their lives, but he had this gut feeling that he was going to be snatched away again. Call it paranoia,but Bruce was determined to keep Dick with him this time, he vowed it.

"Well..if you say so.." Dick's voice trailed off a bit in thought. "..Hey is my room you know..still there?"

"Never touched a thing." Bruce smiled softly

------
A/N
Hello Birdies.
Sorry for such a short chapter. I just wanted to get the return of Dick out of the way so all of the action to come next. That's right..if you know me as an author, you know very well you should turn and run away from my stories. There, I warned you all! So I do not want any mobs at my door haha. However, I REALLY love to hear you all love my stories and it flatters me that you want updates right away.
Thank you for reading