Chapter 12

Nate hissed as he heard the door to the bathroom slam. He knew he had been harsh towards her, but his fury was understandable. He knew the type of person Emily was, and if she wanted to make trouble, her knowledge about Cameron was going to be the first weapon used. He was angry with Cameron because she considered sex a sport, and didn't care if she hurt anyone in the long run. Damn, he himself was hurt by her actions. He'd thought that maybe having her at the reunion would change her views on things, make her see what a family really was. To let her know that one man was enough... He was enough. He still had to admit, he wanted Cameron, even with her flaws and all, but if she was still blinded my her promiscuity, he was going to have to let her go. Nate sighed, he had a big mess to clean up and an even bigger apology to make.

Cameron stared at herself in the mirror, her whole face red from crying. She sniffed. She hadn't thought Nate's words would make her cry, because she'd heard worse, but she was surprised to see that it hurt more coming from him. Upon arriving at the family mansion, she had decided to play things cool, and impress Nate, but that all seemed to backfire in her face. Danny was trouble enough, and now Emily too had dirt on her. So, to save Nate and his family from embarrassment, she decided to go home.
She splashed some water on her face, and dried it with a towel. A knock suddenly sounded at the door.

"Cameron, can we talk?", Nate's voice rang out.

Cameron was hesitant. "Give me a minute", she called.

She inhaled sharply and stared into the mirror, noting her pale face. She slapped her face lightly, causing the color to return to her cheeks. She then took a deep breath before she exited the bathroom.
Nate was seated on a small chair, staring at her as she moved to sit on the bed. She sat and clasped her hands in her lap.
"My decision hasn't changed. I'm going home", she said.

Nate sighed. "Look, I'm really sorry for what I said earlier. I didn't mean to hurt you", he exclaimed firmly.

Cameron hung her head slightly. "Doesn't matter, I'm going".

Nate ran a hand across his face. "Cameron, you can't go. You signed a contract saying you would pretend to be my fiancée for a week", he pointed out. "This is only day two".

F*ck!, she had completely forgotten about that.

She was silent.

"I don't know if Emily will tell anyone, nor am I sure Danny will tell Katelyn but for now you'll have to continue to pretend".

Cameron was silent once again.

Nate sighed in frustration. "Cameron, talk to me", he bit out.

"OK, I'll do it", she said looking up at him.

He smiled. "Great, but this time we'll have to up our game a bit".

"Why?", Cameron asked dully.

"Because I don't want Emily thinking that we had a fight or anything. When she told me about you, I tried my very best to be calm, so if she spots any tension, she'll think I was really angry and we had an argument", he explained.

Cameron nodded. "Ok".

Silence.

"OK so do you want to go back down or....?".

"I'll be down in a minute", she said softly.

Nate sighed. "OK", he said then went through the door.

Cameron rubbed her forehead and took in a deep breath. She then straightened herself and put in place her best smile before she walked through the door.

****

"So ladies, I think today is your lucky day!", Marjorie announced at the top of her voice, causing everyone's attention to focus on her.
"All the ladies will be coming with me to the spa!", she completed in amusement.

Cheers, and loud chatters of amusement erupted from the small crowd. Some squealed in excitement, while others only smiled. Cameron muttered a low curse beneath her breath. If the ladies decide to drown her with questions, she'd surely die because Nate wasn't going to be there to rescue her.

"So, we leave in five minutes, so be ready!", Marj squealed.

Cameron sighed.

"I know what you're thinking, so if you don't want to go, it's fine. You can tell mom you're not feeling well", Nate said, behind Cameron.

"I've been OK since the morning started. It'll look suspicious if I just suddenly fall ill. I'm going", she replied.

"OK, but you don't have to answer all their questions. Emily especially, will pose the most questions".Nate pointed out.

"OK ladies, the car is waiting!", Marj called.
Nate turned to Cameron and smiled. " Just try your very best to enjoy".

Cameron nodded. "Sure thing", she smirked, then leaned into Nate's neck. "People are watching", she whispered. "Especially Emily".

"Well, let's give them the show of their lives", he smiled, then brought his lips down to Cameron's. He could feel her stiffen but soon, she melted in him, and the onlookers were soon forgotten. Both reveling in the feel of each other.

____________________________________
Short chapter, but I hope you guys enjoyed.
:) VOTE/COMMENT/RECOMMEND...IF you want to!
Laters baby!
Juju