2

i entered the room and saw a scrawny little boy with a beanie on his head. he was staring at the small portion of french fries in front of him.

"i can't even get real french fries now. the cafeteria ones are all cold and soggy." he said to me in a sad tone.

"well, just your luck. i so happen to be bringing you your dinner consisting of rice and various types of greens."

he groaned.

"why haven't i seen you around before? what's your name?" jaehyun asked me.
"min yoongi" i replied, ignoring the first question. for the rest of the time, he ate in silence while i sat in a corner. i checked my watch

"11:11" it read

"hey dude," i called out to jaehyun," it's 11:11, you have to make a wish and it'll come true"

"i don't believe you. do you think i'm dumb? i'm already 10 you know, i know more than not to fall for these silly beliefs." jaehyun snickered.

i shrugged. "suit yourself." i closed my eyes and began making my wish. i secretly opened one eye and saw that jaehyun was also making a wish.

"ha! you're making a wish too!" i laughed at jaehyun.

"was not"

"was too. i saw you with my own eyes"

jaehyun smiled shyly.

"what'd you wish for?" i questioned.
"i wish that my cancer would go away."

oh.

"you know," i told him,"wishes only come true when you wrote it on a piece of paper, crumple it up and throw it out the window."
i handed him a marker and a piece of paper. jaehyun was quite hesitant but he accepted it. he did as was told and threw the crumpled piece of paper out his room window.
it was quiet after that and i had to leave soon after as jaehyun needed to get his rest.