Nine: Missing In Action

Start from the beginning

"Well, I was in America for a few years, but then Death Eaters destroyed our school. And, seriously, Do I know you?" She frowned at me. 

"It's me, Draco." I told her. 

"No way! Draco!" She threw her arms around my neck, smiling. "I haven't seen you in, gosh what has it been, a few years?"

"Yeah. Not since Dudley's tenth birthday." I said, remembering that day. 

"Oh yeah." She laughed. "When he chased you around the school and the dog bit you."

"Hey, stop laughing!" I said, mildly annoyed. 

"But, it was so funny. The dog almost tore your face off." Isabella said. 

"Um, I'm lost. You two know eachother?" Ron came over. 

"Uh, yeah, I've known her forever..." I said. 

She giggled. "Draco, you didn't see your face... that was priceless." 

"Okay, let's talk about something else now." I said. 

She laughed one last time. "Okay. So how's Neville?"

"You'd know better than me." I winked at her. "You guys have been in the library nonstop together all week. Is something going on?"

She sighed. "No, but I sort of wish it was. He keeps acting like there's some other girl..."

"Sorry, bella. I think he likes Luna." I said, patting her shoulder.

She pouted. "Luna gets every guy. It isn't fair. Oh well. So, how's your girlfriend?" She pointed towards Emily. 

I flushed. "She isn't my girlfriend."

"Well, you clearly love the girl. She's obviously head over heels for you. So, when's your date?" Isabella asked me. 

"I'm not asking her out. She does not like me." I said firmly. 

Neville aproached me cautiously. "Draco?"

"Neville, go away." I said, getting angry already. "You're too-"

"I know what I did, and I don't regret it. Just because I hurt Luna's feelings or whatever doesn't mean we can't still be friends." He said. 

"Neville, you don't get it. Luna has been our best friend for years, and you're too blind to see right in front of you." I told him. 

"I don't know what you're talking about, Hannah's my girlfriend. I love her." Neville said. 

Hannah came over from behind him, and kissed him passionately. "I love you too, Neville."

Flora's POV

"Mmm, these flowers smell nice, Maisie." I inhaled the scent of the roses. I noticed her not facing me, and sighed, resting my hand on my hip. "Maisie, you have to smell them. They smell so nice..."

"Well, Flora, I don't care if they smell nice! And did I ever bother to mention that I'm allergic to roses?" Maisie shouted. She tore the flowers from my hands, grabbed her wand, and muttered a spell I couldn't hear. 

The petals pulled themselves off one by one. Then the stem was slashed into pieces, and it all flew out the window. 

"Maisie, don't be a killjoy." I pouted. 

"What, I'm supposed to enjoy this? Flowers are so lame." Maisie rolled her eyes. 

"Oh come on, Maisie. Some guy went out of his way to put flowers on your bed. Isn't that sweet?" I asked her.