Chapter Twenty Three

Bellamy's POV

His eyes drooped, closing constantly and shooting wide open again. He tried to come to his senses, and checked on her every minute or so. The injury on her head was clotted, with a piece of cloth wrapped around her head, resembling a bandanna. 

The cold night air that blew into the caves was unbearable. He wanted to lie on his back and just sleep, but the aching blisters from the fog wouldn't let him. He tried to sleep on his side and on his stomach. The cold cave floors prevented him from dozing off into a bliss. 

Bellamy wanted to curl up next to Clarke and be within her embrace, but he knew things would be awkward with Finn being only meters away.

Bellamy wanted to tell Finn the truth, he really did. He knew that Finn had that right to know about HIS child. Yet, Bellamy couldn't bring himself to tell him. It wasn't his place. Clarke needed to tell him.

But what will happen if she did? Would she leave him for Finn? Would Finn try to pull his Princess away from him? Would Bellamy spiral like he did before? Would Finn love his princess?

Bellamy sighed, unsure of the whole ordeal. He would figure it out eventually.

He eventually zoned out and crammed about two hours of sleep, before her mumbles jolted him awake.

"Clarke?" whispered Bellamy as his tired eyes shot open. He rushed to her side, rubbing her forearm as she shuffled in her place. She fluttered his eyes open, bringing him a sigh of relief. "Welcome back Princess."

"What happened?" mumbled Clarke as she slowly sat up.

"Easy there. Concussion, I think. You zoned out after you tripped and hit your head. How do you feel?"

"My head aches," whined Clarke, stating the obvious.

"And the baby?"

"Never better," sarcastically remarked Clarke as she came to her senses.

"We should probably check to see if the coast is clear," spoke Bellamy as he stood up, stretching his arms for his shirt to lift up reveal a little bit of skin on his back.

"Bell.." Clarke's voice cracked.

"Huh?" Bellamy turned around, to see Clarke's face clearly worried.

"Your back." Clarke slowly stood up and lifted his shirt to see the burns on his back. "Take off your shirt."

"Trying to get me undressed Princess?" remarked Bellamy as he smirked.

"Shut up, take off your shirt."

Bellamy knew that she wasn't in the mood to play around so he listened to her. 

Clarke's POV

Her eyes traced every defined muscle that outlined out his back before she looked at the blisters that formed. the disgusting red and white colors that splotched across his back. She bent down to look through her back pack, only to find some soothing medicine for her morning sickness.

  "Clarke?! Bellamy?! Finn?!" hollered a distant voice, coming from outside the cave.   

"Just hang tight, Lincoln will know what to do." Clarke mumbled as Bellamy shouted.

"In here!" shouted Bellamy as he put on his shirt, hissing when the fabric came in contact with his back. He neared the entrance for Octavia and Lincoln to follow.

Clarke turned around and woke up Finn. "Get up, we need to get going."

Finn gave a silent nod and gathered his things.