Chapter 3

Jayden POV

I sat in my bedroom, waiting for Nate and the whole gang to get here.

Jaime and Nate grew pretty close, as I grew close to Vic Fuentes.

We all sorta live in the same area, so we all hung out a lot. Dad was on tour a lot, as well as Pierce The Veil, but whenever dad was gone, I hung out with the PTV crew. Unfortunately, PTV is on tour right now, so they won't be here for the barbecue.

Nate finally walked into my room, plopping down on my bed. "What's up, loverboy." He spoke as he grabbed the controller. "Ready for me to beat you in Mario Cart again?" I laughed and pushed him to almost where he flew off the bed.

"Yeah. Right."

"I wonder why your mom was so upset about Aubree liking Motionless In White."

"Well you heard her. The lead singer is our grandfather."

"Yeah, but that doesn't seem like a good reason for her to not associate with him just because he lied about something."

"Maybe it was really bad."

"Like what?"

"I don't know."

"I'll look it up later."

"Don't, mom obviously doesn't want us knowing anything."

"Oh come on, Jayden. Be a rebel for once."

"I'm already a rebel."

"How?"

"You know how. Don't act dumb."

"Oh. Right. That." I nodded my head. "When are you gonna tell your mom anyways?"

"I don't want her to get mad at me."

"Your mom is Angel fucking Carlile. She's the sweetest woman on the earth, other than Ash. I doubt she'd be mad about this."

"I don't know. I'm not ready to tell her."

"You have to tell her at one point. It'll happen sooner or later."

"I choose later."

**

"Jayden!" My mom called for.

"Coming!" I yelled strait back. I looked at Nathan and smiled, lifting myself off the bed and trotting myself downstairs. "Yes?" I said once I reached the bottom.

"Your best friend is here." She smiled.

"Nathan's upstairs?" I asked confusedly. I looked to my right, towards the door, seeing Vic standing in the doorway, smiling at me. "Vic!" I screamed running towards him, pulling him into a big mans hug.

"Hey little man!" He yelled back.

"Hey, I've been meaning to talk to you about something." I said as I pulled away from our embrace.

"Okay. Talk to me."

"Let's go to my room." He nodded as we both walked up the stairs into my room. Aubree walked out of her room as we reached the top of the stairs.

"Uncle Vic, back from tour I see."

"That I am munchkin." Vic replied pulling Aubree into a hug. "How have you been? How's cheer-leading?"

"It's great. We have a competition coming up soon. You should come and watch."

"I will do what I can. Oh, your aunt Danielle is downstairs." Aubree gasped at Vic and smiled.

"Aunt Danielle!" She yelled running downstairs. Vic and I walked into my room, seeing Nathan lying down on the bed.

And that's when the conversation started.

Aubree POV

"Aunt Danielle!" I yelled as I ran down the stairs.

"Here she comes." My mom started laughing, moving herself out of the way so I wouldn't trample into her.

"Hey, ladybug!" She yelled, pulling me into a big hug. "I've missed you!"

"Never leave with Uncle Vic on tour again. I need my Aunt Danielle." Danielle laughed and smiled at me, pinching my cheeks.

"I promise I will never leave my little ladybug again." I smiled and pulled her into yet another big hug once more. "So, any boyfriends?" She asked, causing me to smile.

"No." My dad said in a stern voice. "No boyfriends."

"Austin,  she and Jayden are gonna be 16 in December, they'll be driving soon, they should be able to date."

"I don't think she should."

"Okay, and what about Jayden?" Danielle started, her hand on the small of my back. "Are you okay with him having a girlfriend?"

"Well, you see, that's different. Jay-"

"There's no difference other than their body parts."

"Boys take advantage."

"Exactly, Austin!" Danielle started defending me, well, as much as she could. "Your son could be taking advantage of girls just like your daughter.  And you're okay with that?"

"Danielle,-" She cut him off quickly, facing her body towards mine.

"Aubree, why don't we go up to your room?" I nodded as she took my hand and we walked up the stairs to my room.

We reached my room, and we walked in. The scent of my 'A Thousand Wishes' perfume filled my room. My pink walls had a border on the top of pink flowers. The back side of my bedroom had a window. Three windows actually. Kind of like what's in Peter Pan. A bay window.

"So," Danielle started finally, as she plopped down onto my light pink comforter. "Boys?"