Chapter 1

pic// jayden

"Babe!" I called Austin as I was fixing the kids dinner. It was the Summer, and the kids had so many friends. Austin didn't mind having them over, but I was a little worried.

Austin and I have put a lot of work into our house, antiques everywhere.

"Yeah?" Austin came around the corner, smiling as usual.

"Can you finish this up, or go get Aubree's stuff out of the dryer?"

"Now you know that Aub doesn't like me touching her delicates. I'll finish this up, you go do that." He laughed, pecking my lips.

I pulled him in for another one, when there was a knock on the door. "We never get any time." I laughed. "Coming!" I yelled, running towards the door.

I opened the front door, seeing Nathan standing there, looking proud. "Hello, Nathan." I smiled.

"Hey, Ms. C. Long time no see."

"I agree. Jayden never brings his friends over anymore. Come on in." Nathan walked in smiling, running towards the aroma coming from the kitchen.

"Fried chicken. My favorite." I smiled.

"Jayden's up in his room, tell him dinner will be done soon, please." He smiled.

"Ain't nothin but a thing." He chuckled, running up our stairs.

"Ever since Jaime said that to him that's all he says." Austin said laughing. I went to the laundry room and took out all of Aubree's clothes. I took a look at one, seeing a band tee of a band that I once knew. That I was once close to.

Motionless In White.

I shook my head and started folding all her clothes. Once finished, I heard Austin yelp in pain. I grabbed the basket and ran into the kitchen, looking at Austin sticking his hand under the faucet.

"Did you burn yourself again?" I asked. He gave me a fake smile, then laughed. "I'll get the cream."

**

"So I was thinking about throwing Aubree and Jayden a surprise party. Get New Years Day to come into town, and have them perform. And of course their favorite band will be there. Us."

"Aubree's favorite band is The 1975." I threw at him laughing. "I'm the one who likes your band the most."

"Yeah, well, I'm her dad. So she should like me more." He coughed. Aubree came running down the stairs.

"Mom! Dad! Can Olivia come over?"

"No, when Jayden has a friend over, you can't. Who's Olivia?"

"I've talked about her millions of times!"

"I'll have to meet her parents first." Austin said. She nodded her head.
"Why didn't you just invite Elizabeth over?"

"Her parents don't like me anymore."

"Why?"

"Because Marilyn is my grandpa." I mentally face-palmed myself. He's mine and Blake's grandfather, but we let Aub and Jay call him that as well. He doesn't prefer the term "great-grandpa".

"I forgot. Nobody's parents really approves of him." Austin and I laughed.

"Tomorrow. We just need to make sure that Olivia's parents are okay with us and everything. After all, we do live away from everybody."

"Which I don't see how we did this, seeing we're in California."

"It happens." Austin smiled. I leaned my head on his forehead and gave him a long kiss.

"Ew. Gross. So ill just call her up and tell her the plan?" Austin nodded, as did I.

"You know what we should do." I said to Austin when Aubree went upstairs.

"What?"

"We should invite the boys over for dinner. Actually, we should have a barbecue tonight."

"Sounds like a plan, who you wanna invite?"

"I'll handle that. You go to the store and get everything."

"Okay." He stood up, and grabbed his keys. "I'll see you soon." He gave me a quick kiss and exited the house.

"Aub!" She came tumbling down the stairs.

"Yea?"

"She can come. We're gonna have a barbecue tonight, but you guys have to sleep in the basement."

"That's fine with me."

"Alright, tell Jayden, then get ready."

"On it."

"By the way, you have cheer-leading practice tomorrow, so she has to leave at a decent time."

"Mom, Olivia is on the team."

"Oh, okay. Well if her parents are okay with us taking her then she can stay instead of leave."

"Okay. Thanks mom, Love you!"

"Love you too!"