Chapter Twenty One

Start from the beginning

Clarke on the other hand, wouldn't have any of it. While Bellamy was helping around camp, Clarke would sneak her way into the drop ship so she could help the sick. 

-

Lincoln trudged from outside the wall, running back as Monty and Jasper appeared a few seconds later, struggling to carry Lincoln's belongings. His eyes drifted towards Clarke, where he immediately rushed towards her.

"Clarke, my people-"

"What is it, Lincoln?" Clarke quickly questioned in concern as Bellamy removed his hands from her baby bump, standing up a little straighter.

"My people aren't in the village."

"What do you mean Lincoln?" Clarke slowly questioned.

"They're gone. There is no one. They vanished" Lincoln mumbled in distress. "This is why they aren't attacking. They got them, they were captured, they-"

"Lincoln!" called Octavia as she spotted her boyfriend, running across camp to meet him. Octavia slowed down her pace to notice how distraught Lincoln was. "Lincoln?" whispered in concern as she approached him.

"They have them, Octavia. The Mountain Men, they-"

"Woah woah. Who are the 'Mountain Men'?" questioned Bellamy, a look of worry crossed his face.

"They've been capturing our people- my people. The people who are captured, they don't come back."

Clarke and Bellamy exchanged wary glances before Clarke averted her attention to Lincoln "do you know where they are?"

"In the Mountain." Lincoln pointed towards Mount Weather.

 More glances were exchanged between Clarke, Bellamy, and Octavia, as Jasper and Monty came in panting, joining the conversation. 

"Mount Weather" breathlessly mumbled Octavia, making chills run up Clarke's spine.

"Clarke, you need to help my people, I will-"

"No," harshly spoke Bellamy. "Your people killed our people. Why should we help you?"

Clarke scoffed, giving Bellamy a dirty look before replying "Lincoln if we do help your people, can you guarantee that we continue this peace. That-"

"I have to talk to Heda," Lincoln mumbled. "There's a Grounder city not too far from here. Polis. Heda will know what to do."

"Maybe we should discuss this in my tent," spoke Bellamy as the group made their way into Bellamy's tent.

-

"Lincoln, I need to know exactly what's happening." Clarke quickly spoke as they stood around a table.

"The Mountain Men have been capturing my people for decades. No one knows what they do with our people, but they..." Lincoln stopped mid sentence to take a deep breath. "They never return." Lincoln shook his head as Octavia comforted him, making Bellamy a little uneasy.

"That was from one of your drawings, the people in the suits" Octavia mumbled, realizing what Lincoln drew from his notebook.

Bellamy's stomach felt queasy, he could already taste the vomit that was going to erupt out of his mouth. "Suits..."

"Bellamy, what's wrong?" quickly interjected Clarke as Bellamy fell back to sit on his bed. He buried his hands in his head.

"Nothing," spoke Bellamy as he tried to clear his mind from the events that haunted him. 

"Bell..." whispered Octavia, heartbroken.

"These Masked Men you speak of, they wear these black suits with-" Lincoln whispered.

"It's them," muttered Bellamy. "They're murderous people, Clarke."

Clarke looked up at Lincoln, who gave her a worried glance. 

"This alliance with 'Heda', if we create a truce can they guarantee that there will be peace between us?" Spoke Clarke worriedly.

"I will go to Polis and discuss it with her, but I need you there, Clarke."

"No, there's no way-" rose Bellamy's voice before Clarke cut him off.

"When do we leave?" 

"Now." With that, Lincoln left the tent, with Octavia following behind him.

"Yikes. Things got heavy real fast" Jasper spoke, trying to break the tension.

Monty gave him a disapproving look "I need help putting Lincoln's things away. Let's give em some room, Jasper." 

The boys quickly escorted themselves out of the tent before Bellamy spoke up.

"Clarke, what are you doing?" Bellamy questioned, clearly frustrated.

"Bellamy, what happened out there?" asked Clarke as she sat beside him on the bed, rubbing his back gently.

"That's not important, what's important is for you NOT to go on this trip. Clarke, you're going to get yourself killed-"

"No Bellamy. You're wrong. This is important. It's important to maintain peace with the Grounder's and end this."

"Clarke, you don't know what the Masked- Mountain Men are capable of."

"Are you saying that I can't handle them? Bellamy if you-"

"That's not what I'm saying!" Bellamy stood up and rose his hands, frustrated. 

Clarke stood up and growled. "What are you trying to say, Bellamy? I'm perfectly capable of taking care of myself!"

Bellamy sighed, clenching his jaw before he spoke."I know you're strong and independent, but these people, they're ruthless, Clarke. The last thing I need is for you or the little one to get hurt," Bellamy gestured to the baby inside Clarke. "I just got you back."

Clarke sighed before she used her hands to cup his face. "Bellamy, I don't want to force you to tell me what happened... out there. But it's making it difficult for me to understand what you went through, not knowing what happened to you." 

Bellamy's eyes were red, on the verge of crying. Clarke had seen him cry before, and she absolutely hated it. By looking into his eyes, she could see all the hurt, the anger, and pain that he suffered. She could see how the men tortured him. Bellamy's changed ever since he got back. Most people didn't notice the difference, but Clarke did. She always took note of how he tried to drink as much moonshine as he could when he could get his hands on it. She noted how some days, he would bury himself in his work and not even eat or drink for the day. 

There was a war in his head, and Clarke for once felt helpless because she didn't know how to stop it. 

A/N

There was absolutely no build for any of the events that happened in season three. This show is a mess. 

Also, where is JACKSON?! MY POOR BABY DOESN'T EVEN HAVE SCREEN TIME!?! WAS HE EVEN IN THIS SEASON AT ALL?!?!?!

Lets all cross our fingers and pray for a much better season four. 

-stupidspacewalker