Secrets

It had been four months since her death.. four months without the woman I loved and it has felt like eternity. I was sitting in my basement, ever since her death I had changed a few things up. I had added more pictures. On one way was all pictures of us Undercover, when nothing was stopping us fro being us. Most were from Paris but some weren't, there was one of her in front of the farmhouse in Serbia. There was another with both of us on the boat she had managed to steal for Ducky and myself. Ducky had taken the photo when we weren't looking, he had given each of us a copy of the photo for christmas. Some photos weren't appropriate for the wall, you never know when a certain special agent would just walk in and see them. They were in the scrap books on the desk below. I had tons of photos, not only of us but of us when we were little. Before I sent her house up in flames I saved every photo I could find. Those were now in my collection. Photos of her mother, her sister and her, some with just her sister and her and some with both her parents and her. At the age of six the photos of her mother and sister stopped. Around thirteen new pictures came, pictures with a new family, new parents. 

        When I had first found her photos many confused me, Her mother was a red head and her father had brown hair. In her teen photos she was with two complete strangers, one with blond hair and one with brown. At first the two were strangers to me but than it came to me, they weren't strangers they were my uncle and aunt. My mother had a sister who we rarely saw, she had married a paramedic. I remember once it was mentioned that the two had adopted a teenage girl, that had raised a lot of commotion in the family. Many were putting them down and calling them crazy but me, I had thought they were brave. 

                While going through the photos I found one I had recognized, it was a family reunion. Looking at the photo I saw myself in it. Jenny stood at one and with my aunt and uncle while I stood at the other with my fianceé and my parents. We had been in our twenties when this photo was taken, that was the first time I had saw Jenny but I never knew I would fall in love with her, or even work with her. The world works in funny ways I guess. 

                 I turned from that wall and looked at another. Each year a team photo was taken. I had one from back when I started to this passed year. The very first had my mentor Mike Franks, after a few he disappeared. I became team leader, the next year we lost one member at a time till it was a fresh team. The first photo without Mike was with William Decker & me, the rest was the remaining of Franks team. The next year we lost another member which meant it was William Decker, Stan Burley and me. The photo after that brought a smile to my face, we lost the remaining member of Franks team and in his place came the one and only Jennifer Shepard. The team had remained Decker, Burley, Jenny, Ducky, Morrow and me for the next five years. Ducky had been in all of these just like I had. The six year stood everyone but Jenny, in her place was Agent Paula Cassidy. Cassidy and Decker left within that next year. In came Abby and DiNozzo. The next we lost Burley and in came Agent Todd. In the next year we gained McGee. We lost Kate and that was when the photos became happy again. We lost Morrow but in his place came Jenny. Jenny brought in Ziva and that's how it was for three more years.. 

           Last week we had another team photo except this time Vance was in it and not Jenny. I drowned the drink that was in my hands as I stared at each of the pictures remembering the good times. I had been so lost in thought that I didn't hear the team come down the stairs. They all stood behind me silently until one spoke up. 

             "We still look good don't we boss." Quickly turning around I let a smile come across my face as I walked over and hugged the man who had spoken his response was immediately to hug me back. 

                    "Stan! Stan Burley, It's so good to see you again." 

 "You too Gibbs, you too." My current team stood smiling as they watched us.