I Don't Dance

Paris 1999        

      The two agents sat side by side. They had been in Paris for the past two months undercover as a married couple. The silver haired one smiled as he watched his auburn haired partner throw back another drink and set the glass on the table. The music around them played, it was amazing. A smile lit up his partners face when the music changed to a different song. The redhead jumped from her seat as she looked towards him smiling. Quickly he shook his head knowing exactly what her intentions. 

            "Jethro..." The red head mumbled as she grabbed his arm pulling him up. With a grumble he swatted at her arm causing her to only grip tighter. Deciding there was only one choice and he didn't have a say in the matter.

          "Jen... You know I don't dance.." 

  "Fine...I'll go dance with someone else" She mumbled as she turned and let go of his arm, making her way towards the floor where she walked over towards another man and talked with him. The silver haired watched with rage as his partner, his lover, went off to dance with a total stranger. 

       He wasn't going to have that, quickly he got up as he made his way over towards the redhead and the man. Making his way over there he tapped the man shoulder as he watched the man and his lowering hand. Giving him a glare the man excused himself and the red head looked over towards her partner with a wicked smile. 

        "Jealous much Jethro?" He didn't say anything instead he pulled her close moving away from the dance floor. That was when Jenny planted her feet into the ground. 

             "I'm dancing whether you want to or not.." She said as she tried to pull away. Grabbing her by the rest he pulled her so she was flat against his chest. 

        "We are moving away from the people so no one stares at what belongs to me." That caused Jenny to smile as she shook her head. 

     "Only you Jethro.. Only you." 

*~*

I'll never settle down,

That's what I always thought

Yeah, I was that kind of man,

Just ask anyone

I don't dance, But here I am

Spinning you round and round in circles

It Ain't my style, but I don't care

I'd do anything with you anywhere

Guess you got me in the palm of your hand

Cause, I don't dance

*~*

         The couple soon was out on the floor towards the edge, Jenny had her hands around his neck as she laid her head on his shoulder, his were around her waist leading her with the music. They fit together so perfectly. No one would be able to tell that they weren't married in real life. They played the act so well that some within the agency thought they were secretly married. 

     Jenny had Jethro in the palm of her hand. He wouldn't don this if it were anyone else, but because it was Jenny he knew exactly why he was doing this. He loved her more than he ever thought possible, she was his second chance and at this moment he wasn't gonna let her slip away. What he didn't know as in a few months to come something were to happen that would chance his life forever but right now he didn't care. 

         They were dancing to the music, neither knew how many songs had passed. Gibbs was lost in his thoughts, earlier that day he had purchased an engagement ring. He knew how he wanted to do it but he didn't know when.. But he had a gut feeling it had to be soon before something happened.