More Than A Memory

It had been two months since the funeral and the birth of her youngest son. She hadn't returned to work yet and her coworkers were afraid she never would return again. They were afraid that it held to many memories for her.. It held memories for them but for her, that's where she met the love of her life.. That's where she had grown to know him and fall in love with him, that's where he proposed to her.. That was their second home.. Only one had dared go over to visit with her. She was a widow, everyone knew that now. Word had gotten out and it haunted her, it haunted her dreams, her every waking hour.. It just haunted her.. The media was all over the topic and had been for the last two months. She made great news.. She couldn't go out in public anymore.. The news would attack her, Naomi her housekeeper was helping her, helping her with everything. Naomi was loyal, more loyal than any other housekeeper could ever be. 

              The door to the georgetown house opened and a crying baby could be heard from upstairs. Two kids were arguing in the living room, noises were coming from the kitchen. Just than something made a loud noise in the kitchen and a woman cursed. The figure who had walked in stood in the doorway taking off his coat along with the female companion he had brought with. Just as they hung their coats up a red headed figure in a sweater too large for her and pajama pants came running towards the stairs. 

                  "Leroy! I'm coming!" She shouted at the crying that came from upstairs. 

 "Jackson! Paula! Be nice and share!" She than shouted into the living room before taking upstairs. The crying soon stopped and the two figures stood in shocked. The red head that just flew past them was not the redhead they use to know.. She was sleep deprived and a mess. The two nodded and made their way into the living room where they sat down and played with the twins. For an hour they remained there. In that time they heard the shower running and they heard the figure come back downstairs and go into the kitchen. Finally she walked in by them and smiled. 

                 "Tony! Ziva!" She said walking over and hugging the two. They hugged her back and Tony smiled as he took the baby. 

                   "Jen.. It's so good to see you. We miss you up at work." Ziva said as she greeted her old friend

 "To be honest, I miss it up there as well. I don't know how I'm still doing this.. It was hard with the twins but at least then I had Jethro to help me.." She said as she sat down on the couch with her cup of coffee. Ziva sat beside her while tony goofed around with Leroy making him laugh. 

                   "Come back to work and we'll help you. We'd all be happy to help and we all  miss you." 

"Well I'd love too but the news reporters are all over."

            "That's true but being the director you are you can send them off." 

                         "Yeah.. Maybe.." 

                                 "Jen.. You need a day to yourself to relax. How about Tony and I take the kids we go visit Abby, McGee and Ducky. You catch up on the sleep you need and than you return back tomorrow and after work tomorrow the kids will come home with you." 

                                       "Ziva you guys don't have to do that.." 

                                                 "We don't have to but we want to and we are going to."

                            "Thank you so much." With a nod and a hug. The kids had bags packed and they were out the door waving goodbye to their mother. The house was now quite, Jenny stood there looking around. She cleaned up the messes around the house before making her way upstairs. She stood in the doorway of the nursery. There was a cot on the floor beside the crib, that's where she had been sleeping the last few nights. The door to the bedroom had not been open since the night of Leroy's birth. Ever since she brought him home she was sleeping in his room. That was the last connect her had to her husband.. The husband that was taken from her too soon. She blamed SecNav. He was the one to sen her husband back there, because of him her husband decided to be a hero and save lives losing his own in the process..