Doubts and Reassurance

It been days since Harley had even talked to Joker, let alone showed him any affection. He had locked himself in his study, only coming out to use the bathroom or get some. When he did come out, they barely exchanged any words.
Each night she would fall asleep, alone in their bed, hoping he would come to bed, but he never did.
The clownette felt very alone in the funhouse, although she played with the babies, and had been to Red's house, it wasn't enough. She urned for his touch on her skin, the feeling of his lips on hers. Even avquick kiss or kind word, anything really, but he completely ignored her.
She wanted to open the door and make him acknowledge her, but last she did that, she was thrown out into the cold.
Her cheeks felt damp, as she wiped  them, not noticing she had been crying the whole time.
Harley lay there alone, her head in her pillow to muffle her sobs.
Didn't he care about her? Did he even need her as much as she needed him? She wondered as she cried. "He does, he does, He Does" she whimpered to herself.
"I do what?" His voice asked, she peeked up from her pillow to see him leaning on the door frame, looking tried. She quickly wiped away her tears, "Nothing" she mumbled, "Is that so?" He said clearly not believing her. He walked over to her, lying on the bed. Joker pulled into his embrace, "Don't be sad, Pooh" he whispered soothly, stroking her head, "I'm sorry" Harley muttered, "It's just I miss ya. I barely see ya for weeks on end" she said a stray tear escaping.
"Aww Baby, I'm sorry... But I've got a lot of work to do before I go up against the Bat" he said. Always the Bat, never me, Harley thought to herself. "I understand" she whispered sadly, closing her eyes. Joker kissed her cheek yawning. "I guess ya betta' get back to workin' on your plans" she said annoyed, he yawned, "Nah, I'm exhausted... I think I'll sleep here" he said, Harley smiled kissing his cheek, curling up in his arms.
As she began to drift off to sleep, she heard him whisper ever so softly, "I do care about you Harls" she smiled sweetly falling asleep.