Chapter Sixteen

I walked back to my room, running my hand through my hair as I opened the door. Why didn't I just tell her the truth? Now she hated me. It didn't even matter, she would have hated me anyways, right?

I pushed the door closed and went and sat on the edge of my bed. I still remembered the day it all started. The day I hated. The people I now hated. And what I wished I never said I would do.

"Hey, Jake, you know you like Lacy White, right?" Kyle asked me, hitting me on the shoulder as we were jogging around the football field as our warm up.

"Ya, why?" I asked, confused as we made our way around for the third time.

"Do you think you could ever hurt her?" He asked, a wicked smile on his face.

"No, why would I want to do that?" I asked him.

"Well, you will hurt her, then," He still had an evil smile on his face, "She'll hate you, and you can find out her biggest secret, and hurting her will make you hate her."

"That's some sick and twisted logic man." I shook my head at him.

"You do want to get over her, right?" He asked me. I nodded my head, "Then hurt her. You wont be able to look at her. You'll get over her and be able to actually admire the beauty of cheerleaders!"

"I doubt that would work." I mumbled, looking ahead now.

"If that doesn't work, then she'll love you back." He told me, the evil smile went away.

"Why would she love her bully?" I asked, confused.

"Because girls have a habit of falling for people they can't have." He stated simply.

"I'm not doing it." I said simply.

"I dare you to."

"No."

"If you bully her for the rest of high school, I'll pay your way through college." He said, and at the time, I couldn't resist.

The truth wasn't that bad, now that I think of it, except for the face it was a dare, and a bet if you think about it. The reason I said yes is the money, my parents weren't rich back then. I felt really bad when we came into our fortune, but I couldn't back out of the bet. Especially when Kyle's prize was the one that I couldn't give.

Kyle's prize was Lacy.

---------------------------------

Whoops, originally put up wrong chapter....sorry! I didn't mean to! So...sorry if you read the other one...that's next chapter -feels really stupid- Anyways, thanks for reading!