Chapter Five

"This," I said, taking a breathe as I stepped into the foyer, I mean, who has a foyer that isn't a rich person anymore? Not me. I have a house, and the door goes right into the living room, "is amazing. Huge. Just, wow."

Jake laughed then, motioning me to follow, started a tour of his house. Which, in case I hadn't said this enough, was wow. He showed me the kitchen, which had marble, marble counter-tops. They had a hardwood floor,  glass cabinets so I could see all the gold wine glasses, plates, and bowls.

"Stop gawking at the bowls! It's not the most exciting thing in this house." Jake said, laughing. "Come on, you should meet my sister, if you don't she'll get really mad!" Then he led me down a long hallway, up a long flight of stairs, taking a right, then a left, and finally, stopping in front of a closed door.

Let me just say this. Jake's little sister sure is something. As soon as I walked into her room, after knocking of course, she looked me up and down and said 'Jake, you used to bully this poor girl didn't you? Didn't you know she was getting abused at home? Why did you hurt her more?' and I just looked at her, shocked.

"Oh ya, did I forget to mention that Rebecca kinda does great," Jake paused as if trying to come up with a word to describe his little sister, "uh, guess work."

And that's how I got stuck listening to a little girl, about 10, relay my whole life, basically 100% correct, right in front of me. I was impressed, but I didn't want to hear my life repeated, especially since my life was terrible and I had thought I had escaped it.

~~~~~~~~~~

"Well, Rebecca, now that you have repeated my whole life in front of me perfectly basically, except for that little part about me having my first kiss with a guy named Chris, why don't you tell me about yourself?" I asked, "Since you already know mostly everything about me."

"Okay, well, I'm Rebecca Mary Abigail Griffin, I got two middle names because my parents couldn't decide between them. I'm ten years old, and I'm in fifth grade. I am rally good at reading people, and spotting things no one else tends to spot, like those cuts on your wrist that just showed because your sweatshirt moved." She stopped for a second, "Well anyway, I love  the color purple, and my favorite food is Mac and Cheese! Well, I don't want to steal all your time, so I'm going to go do my home work."

Me and Jake left Rebecca's room. It still felt so weird being in Jake's house, since I would have never came here, ever, until today, even if I did like him.

"Okay, so, where are you going to stay since you did leave your mom's house?" Jake asked me.

"Well, I honestly didn't think about that, I was kind of distracted by the fact I had a chance to get out of that hell-hole." I told him, sighing, where would I stay?

"You could always stay in our guest room, my parents wouldn't mind, and you need some place to stay, at least until you find someplace to stay." Jake offered.

"Thanks, but I couldn't, I'll figure something out, I already feel as if I'm being a bother to you." I said, shaking my head in a 'no, it's fine' type way as I said it.

"Your not being a bother, Jake why don't you introduce me to your friend?" I turned around and behind me stood what looked like Jake's mom.

"Oh, uh, mom, this is Lacy." Jake said, "Lacy, this is my mom."

"Hello, nice to meet you Mrs. Griffin." I said, holding out my hand, which she ignored and just gave me a hug.

"Sorry." She said, backing away, "I'm a hug type of person. And nice to meet you too Lacy."

"Mom, Lacy just got kicked out of her house, can she stay here in the guest room?" Jake asked his mom, who nodded her head. "Thanks, no, Lacy, come see the guest room."

Jake led me down the hallway to a door, which he opened. I was shocked at the beauty. The plush white carpet that covered the ground, I saw the bed, which had a golden frame, that I wouldn't be too sure wasn't real gold. There was a window seat looking out towards where a little creek that went through Jake's backyard went into the huge forest.  There were white  pillows on the window seat and the walls were white with silver swirly designs that looked good at the same times as cool. There was a flat screen TV mounted on the wall in front of the bed, and next to the bed was a little night stand that was white, with a golden lamp on it. There was a large walk-in closet next to where the TV was.

"This is, like, amazing." I said, after a minute or two of gaping at my surroundings.

"Well, it's yours for now." Jake said, "Your going to need to go shopping, all of your stuff is at your moms, and you aren't allowed back there.

"No, I can't go back there, but I have no money." I said.

"Well, seeing as you are now a guest in my house, well my parents house, and we are like, rich, We're going shopping, well, you and my mom or sister are, since I have homework. So, come one." He said, and he led me down the hallway and found his mom standing outside Rebecca's door.

"Hello you two!" She said.

"Hey mom, look, Lacy has nothing, it's all at her mom's house, and she isn't allowed back there, so, can she go shopping with you or Becca?" He asked his mom.

"Yes, she can, me and Becca were planing to go shopping in about an hour any way! You can come if you want Lacy!" She said.

An hour later, I was in the back of Jake's car with Rebecca and we were heading to the mall. Jake's mom said I would be going on a little 'Shopping spree'. Well, this would be fun, maybe.

------------------------------

So, this was originally two parts on Quotev, but I figured why not combine it so it is longer? Because the first part was like..half a page long and poorly writen in my opinon. I hope you guys like it, comment, vote, follow! Love you all! Bye!

-Jess