Chapter Two

Kaydence

    It's finally move in day and I just finished packing up my clothes. I load my last suitcase into my car and go back inside to tell my mom bye. I walk in the house as she's coming down the stairs.

    "All packed up?" she asks.

    "Yep. I'm about to go."

    "Alright, you be careful." She holds her arms out for a hug.

    "I will," I embrace her.

    She kisses my forehead and I leave.

    When I arrive on campus, I drive around until I find the Heritage Commons. They moved us to a new dorm, which I had no problem with. When I find it, I park and grab my purse to find my room. Our room is 336, on the third floor. I decide to take the stairs to get a little exercise. I find room 336 and go inside.

    "Wow," I look around in amazement.

    This isn't a room, it's an apartment! This is way better than the first dorm we had. We have separate bedrooms, a kitchen, and a living room. I go into one of the bedrooms to see what it looks like. There is a full size bed, a study desk, a dresser, and a nice size closet. There's also a bathroom in the bedroom, which means we don't have to share a bathroom anymore. Just as I'm walking out of the room, the front door opens.

    "Emmy!" I run to her.

    "Kay!" She screams.

    We hug each other and squeal with excitement.

    "OMG, I'm so happy to see you!" Emory smiles.

    "Girl you're going to be even happier once you see this place!"

    "Foreal?"

    "Yes, we got our own bathrooms!"

    "What? Stop."

    "Yes girl."

    There is a knock on the front door and I go to open it. It's a girl with curly brown hair and big brown eyes.

    "Hi, my name is Mariah. I just wanted to let you know we're having a meeting in the main lobby at 4pm. Make sure you and all roommates attend."

    "Okay, thanks." I smile.

    "Who was that?" Emory asks.

    "Some girl. She said we have to go to a meeting in the main lobby at 4." I look at my phone and see it's 2:43. "We got a little over an hour. Where's your stuff?"

    "Downstairs. I told my parents I wanted to come find the room before they brought my stuff up."

    I nod as we both head downstairs to get our bags.

    A few minutes before 4pm, we head downstairs to the main lobby for the meeting. There's a good bit of people already here conversing with one another. The same girl who came to our room walks before the crowd.

    "Hello everyone! As you know, my name is Mariah I am one of the RA's here at Heritage Commons. I am RA to the sophomore students who stay here and of course, that's all of you. There are sophomores, juniors, and seniors who all stay here. As you all know, this particular housing area of the college is more like an apartment and not everyone can handle the responsibility. If the finances overwhelm anyone of you, please come see me and we'll try to get something worked out. Now, although this is apartment style housing, there are some rules that need to be followed.

    First, all rooms are smoke-free! If you are a smoker, you are only allowed to smoke outdoors. On along those lines, this is also a drug-free, weapon-free, and alcohol-free environment. Although students who are 21 and older are allowed to have alcohol in their personal space, no alcohol should be in any public areas nor should it be in the hands of any under aged students. Second, you all are allowed to have visitors, but none of them should stay for more than 2 days in a week. And lastly, you are responsible for your portion of the monthly rent and utilities. Like I said before, if you are having issues, come see me and we'll talk. So pretty much same rules you had before, just a different setting. Any questions?"

When It's All Said And Done (You're The One For Me) 2On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara