Gabby stood there in shock. She watched the door as if she wanted him to come walking in again. I could tell that she had some hidden feelings for that guy, but I said nothing.

__________________

After some time the pain subsided and I relaxed onto the bed. I sat up on the bed and leaned against the head board. I took up the glass from the night stand and drank some of the water, I placed the glass back on the night stand and sighed. While I sat there still as ever, as thoughts raced through my mind.

Then it hit me, no, I mean a pillow actually hit me in the face. I glared up at Gabby as she glared at me with her hands on her sides.

"Why did you do that?"

"I was speaking to you and you weren't listening." She said.

"Sorry, what were you saying?"

She came and sat beside on the bed. She looked me in the eyes for about two minutes before she began to speak again.

"The man, he- he told me that, he said that I am here because- because of you a-and Mariano." She said then she swallowed nervously.

I sighed and looked away from her. "I'm sorry." I said.

"Issy, what-what did he mean by that? He said-he said t-that you were under m-mafia protection." Gabby seemed scared to talk to me about this.

I turned my attention back to her and ran a hand through my hair. "Mariano is in the mafia." I said.

___Gabby's P.O.V___

"Mariano is in the mafia." She said.

I knew I heard her say it just now, but I was in denial, I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to believe that my sister got involved with a mafia man, I didn't want to believe that Rivero was right, I didn't want to believe that I might die because of my sister. I just couldn't believe.

I looked her in the eyes. I could feel the tears that were gathered in my eyes threatening to spill. 

"I don't believe you." I said standing up. I turned to look at her. "Why are you lying to me? Did Rivero tell you to tell me this? Are you lying for him?"

She took her time to stand up. She came and stood infront of me, she pushed a strand of hair from my face and pulled me into her arms. "I'm not lying to you Gabby. I would never." She whispered. "I'm so sorry, I didn't know that he was in the mafia until some time ago. I didn't mean to get you involved in this." She stroked my hair while she spoke.

"Why didn't you tell me? we tell each other everything." 

"I know, I didn't tell you because I didn't want you nor mom nor dad to get hurt, but, I guess it didn't quite work." She said.

I moved from her embrace and looked at her. "So, you're having a mafia baby." I stated.

"I guess you could say that, although at some point Mariano said he didn't want his son involved in this." She said.

"I don't blame him." I mumbled. "Do you find it ironic that you're having a boy?"

"What do you mean?"

"Isn't the mafia made up of men?" I asked.

"Yes."

"And you're having a boy, it's almost as if he was meant to be apart of his dad's line of business."

Issy raised an eyebrow at me, "I think you're reading too much into this." She said.

The sound of the door being unlocked brought both Issy and I to look at it. My jaw dropped when I saw who walked in. I looked at Issy who had her eyes narrowed at him. She pushed me behind her and grabbed the glass that was on the night stand and threw it in Greg's direction. She moved so quickly I almost didn't see when she threw it. Greg dodged it and the glass went through the open door and hit a guy, who was walking pass the room, in the head. The guy staggered backwards before he regained his balance.