Dinner?! (4)

I flopped down in the couch, in the living room and turned on the television. I needed to clear my mind. It's saturday and I still didn't ask mariano to come to the dinner, heck I didn't even tell him that I'm pregnant with his child. I got his number because I asked Mr. brown for it, I told him it was a business matter. Mr. Brown is Yasmine's father. I called him but I got no answer. So I just gave up. I turned the tv to disney channel and watched phineas and ferb.

When that episode ended a new one started. My phone started to ring I took it up and looked at the caller ID, it said unknown. I hesitantly answered it.

"Hello?" I said.

"Who is this?" A husky deep voice asked.

"You were the one who called me." I said.

"That's because I saw three missed calls from this number." He said sounding annoyed.

"Mariano?" I asked.

"Yes, who is this?" He asked.

"Issy. I need to talk to you."

"Okay, go ahead talk." He said.

"In person." I said.

He let out a wary sigh before answering. "Okay."

"Can you meet me at the park?" I asked

"Yes."

"In an hour." I said.

"Okay, later." He said, then the line went dead. I sighed and turned the tv off. I walked up to my room and took a shower and got dressed. I wore a tank top and knee long yoga pants. I caught my hair up in a ponytail then grabbed my car keys. I headed downstairs and to the garage.

*************************

I sat on the swings and waited for mariano to arrive. I wonder if I should tell him about our baby? Will he want the baby? Will he deny it being his? Will he accept it? Will he take care of us? My thoughts were interrupted when someone came and stood infront of me. I looked up and saw mariano. He sat on the swing next to me.

"What did you wanna talk about?" He asked without looking at me.

"Well, aum, my parents are having this dinner tomorrow and they asked me to invite you." I said.

He raised an eyebrow at me."Why would they want you to invite me? we're not even going out." He said.

I looked down at my feet. "Because I-I-I I'm..."

"You're what?" He asked raising his voice a little.

"I'm I'm I- I am...."

"Spit it out." He said sounding irritated.

I swallowed a lump of saliva before I spoke. "I'm p...." Before I could finish I felt the food that I ate earlier coming back up. I got up and ran to the garbage bin, I let everything out in there. Everything just kept coming up more and more. When I finally stopped. I wiped my mouth and sat on the bench next to bin. I had my head down in my hands and I felt a presence. I didn't bother to look up because I knew who it was. I felt him rubbing my back. I slowly looked up at him with tears in my eyes.

"I should go." I said getting up, but he held my wrist and gently pulled me back down. He looked at me with a confused expression, before he spoke.

"I'll come to the dinner, where is it keeping?" He said. I looked at him with a smile on my face while tears were still falling from my eyes.

I told him my parents home address and what to say to get in.

"How about I just pick you up and we go together?" He asked.