Chapter ~3~ Denial Is Bliss

~ Chapter 3~                                                                              

~ Denial Is Bliss ~

~ Nikolai ~

      What the hell just happened here? my head was spinning as I stood there looking at the door she just went through. I have never been rendered defenseless by anyone never mind a human girl !! How can this child sent my mind into utter confusion? My body still feeling the tingling from her touch. The fire her touch sent through every ounce of my cold body straight into my  stone cold heart still lingers. I have to get out of here. Yet I can't seem to move. I can't leave her here to fend for herself ; Can I?  She had to have had some sort of witch powers binding me. This has to be the danger my mother had seen for me tonight. Only it didn't really hurt in the way I expected. I am not injured or dead. What hurts is knowing how she has been  and will continue to be hurt. What hurts is I have to leave her here to endure more of this hell. No No!! This has to be a trick. I close my eyes breath deeply and brace myself for what I must do... I must leave here and never come back. This is not me I have lived all these years having never given a thought to humans apart from fulfilling my need for their blood. They are food and nothing more. Sophia is no different. Her torment is not my problem. I have no time to worry about what plagues this child. With my resolve in hand I turn and run from that place never to return.

        I made it to my house in record time. I have a few hours left in the cover of darkness so instead of heading into the house I decide to go to the garden to try clearing my head. I am not in the mood to discuss what happened tonight with my mother.I know as soon as she sees me she will know their is something very very wrong with me. I stroll around to the garden and through the gate. I head to the farthest end of the yard. I lay down in the grass and gaze up into the midnight sky. The stars are so bright tonight. The cool night air is exactly what I need right now. I lay there trying to reconsile what is in my head and what ever this is in my heart. I can't forget the way those eyes looked at me, into me & through me. She seemed to have looked straight into my soul. She could hear my thought as I did hers. She saw me in my hidden state. How is any of that possible? Niko? I hear my mother calling from the sliding door. I am too rattled to even respond to her. Closing my eyes, I sigh deeply  ignoring my mother's concerned voice. Knowing I only had moments left before she came to me. I had so many questions for her. I needed so many answers but had no desire to relive the events  of tonight. The best thing for me to do is to put it behind me and chalk it up to some sort of magic she used on me. I almost laugh out loud when recalling her calling me an angel. Seriously is she serious? Sophia if you only knew I am no angel! I am nothing less then the ultimate nightmare. Evilest of beings send straight from the darkest nightmare. The only Angel I am is one of pain and darkness. I some how doubt I am the most horrific being she has had to encountered in her short life. I can feel the hatred fueling a blood lust so strong I can hardly contain it. NO NO NO I will not allow this to happen... She does not nor will she ever matter to me... SHE is HUMAN!!!  

     I am so deep in thought I don't hear my mother approach. Her touch sends me into my defensive crouch and a threatening growl erupts from my throat. "Nikolai Moretti!!!! What on earth has gotten into you" my mother hisses at me. I straighten out of my crouch while hanging my head in shame. I can't believe I just did that to my mother.... Sophia is already causing me to do so many things I would never ever do.... WHAT THE FUCK IS WRONG WITH ME I scream in my head as I run my fingers through my hair releasing the breath I didn't realize I was holding. I slowly raise my eyes to look at my mother with regret and shame. As my eyes meet hers I see the realization flash into her eyes, SHE KNOWS!!  My mother flashes to me grabbing my arms she gasps . You have found her!!  WHAT??? Mother please excuse me but WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!?!

My apologies everyone for abruptly stopping ,but I recently had soome inspration to begin writing again. I hope you enjoy. It's short I know.   

Please comment and vote as always I thank you always xoxoxo ~Lizzi~ 

This Chapter is dedicated to Baquers for reminding me how important it is to me to finish what I started & keep telling this story.            ~ Thank you Baquers xx~

This has not been edited, I will do it later!