Chapter 3

(Italian)

(Bold=Dream)

I was shaken awake by Agent Davidson. "We're here." He told me. I buckled my seatbelt as the plane descended. "We start our search tomorrow, as it's too late to do anything today." He informs me. Nodding in response I look out the window and stare as Rome comes closer and closer to me. We have a smooth landing and we exit the jet quickly. Hurriedly, we find our car and go to the hotel. We enter the hotel and Andre looks at me. "This is embarrassing, but do you speak Italian?"

"Yes." I reply.

"What?" He asks.

"I said yes, in Italian. I speak practically every language, my Dad thought that I should know all of them and considered it part of my training." I explain with a smile. We arrive at the desk where a receptionist is sat.

"Hello." She greets, her Italian accent thick making it hard to make out the word.

"Hello. It is nice to meet you. We have a room reserved." I tell her, perfectly comfortable with the language like I was with all languages.

"What is your reservation under?" She asks.

"Andre, what is the name on the room?" I inquire.

"D.A.M.E." He replies.

I turn back to the receptionist and state, "The room is under DAME." She nods and hands us two room keys.

"Your room is room 212." She says. "Enjoy your stay."

"Thank you." I say and pull Andre with me to the elevator. The ride was filled with the quiet humming of the elevator before it dinged and opened the doors for us.

"Which room are we in?" Andre asks.

"212." I reply pulling him in the right direction. "Wait, we don't have luggage." I say.

"It should already be here, DAME always provides clothes for the mission." He tells me as I open the door. In the room are two beds and on the beds are two duffel bags, both black. He zips one open. "This ones yours." He says motioning me over. "I'm going to sleep, after I take a shower." He says grabbing miscellaneous items from his bag. He enters the bathroom leaving me alone to my thoughts. Deciding to take a shower in the morning I move the duffel bag off my bed and to the closet. I climb under the covers and let sleep take over me.

I'm in my old home, an empty bottle of Vodka is thrown at my head. "Get me more Kendra." Dad snarls. Quickly, I get it knowing he wouldn't miss next time if I didn't get him what he wanted. I grab the bottle and bring it to him. He opens it and with a wicked smile he holds a small flame on his left index finger, the vodka being in his right hand. Taking a big gulp, he sets down the bottle and trails the flame across my abdomen.

Once again I am shook awake. My eyelids fly open to see Andre above me. "You were screaming, wouldn't want to wake the neighbours." He explains.

I shake my head before saying, "It was just another nightmare." He gazes at me softly.

"Another? How often do you have nightmares?" He questions.

"Every night." I confess. He went to leave, but I stop him. "Please stay." I beg. Nodding respectfully he lays next to me.