Vacation: Day 2 ; Part 1

Start from the beginning

            I coughed again, realizing my mouth tasted disgustingly of bile. I hadn't realized it before, but I guess another reason my throat was sore, was from the acids in the vomit. I cringed, I hated to vomit, but doesn't everyone?

           "If you want, we can leave if you wish," Paul continued but I shook my head.

           "N-No, it's fine," I rasped out, rubbing the portion of my neck below the pharynx.

           "Are you sure?"

            "If you want t--o go, than I'm fine with that," I said, feeling Guilty of my selfishness.

           "No," Nicky piped up, "It's our fault we got her into this, it's time to get us out of it."

            "He's right," Ash agreed, smiling. "Do you need anything?"

            "No, I think, I'm," I coughed, "fine."

           "Here, I'll go make some tea," Ash said, going to fetch what I supposed was the tea.

            "Where did he find tea?" I croaked.

             "Eh, the Warden drops all kinds of wacky things around here, it's hard not to find anything of use," Paul explained. I nodded.

           After a few moments of resting and dabbing the damp towel on my forehead, Ash came back, accompanied by a bag of tea, water, and a mug.

           He set it on the table next to me before adding the ingredients in. I looked at him, confused, how was he suppose to heat the tea? Well, my answers were solved when the timid male lifted the mug and conjured a small ball of fire underneath it. He seemed happy by the artificial heat source.

             After another moment, Paul raised me up for me to sip through the mug before he warned, "Be careful, it's hot."

            I took a sip, and it was indeed hot, but not scorching. It tasted pretty good, so much so, I couldn't let loose a smile, but that faded as a dumbfounded expression found it's way onto my expression.

            "Wait," I paused, lightly pushing the mug away from me with a weak hand, "Why are you helping me?"

          They paused before Paul began to giggle, "Because you're our friend, silly!"

            "Yeah, us inmates have to help each other, too," Jean added.

           "What do you want us to do? Leave you at that machine to leave you rot?" Nicky concluded.