‘Remember what I told you? Don’t get angry at Drake. He loves you, and if I were him, I wouldn’t regret the decision of turning you either. So just let it go. Besides, you may not know it yet, but your feelings for him are not that innocent.’ I sighed, and then let my anger flow out. 

“Whatever. But Drake, I have a question for you. What was in that drink you gave me? The red drink.” I asked him slowly, already knowing the answer, but praying I was wrong anyway. Drake looked down, and I knew I was right. My hand flew to my heart, as it always did in a dramatic situation, but instead of feeling a heartbeat… I felt nothing. Silence. And my anger came right back. “I thought you were supposed to turn me back ALIVE!” I yelled, my voice portraying my anger. “If I don’t have a heartbeat, I’m not ALIVE!!” Drake took a deep breath, then looked at me. 

“The red stuff was my venom and blood. But just a little blood, not a lot. And you ARE still alive! You can breathe can’t you? You can move right? You ARE still ALIVE! And anyway, there are some perks to being a vampire. But, you’d have to ask Alec about that. He knows more.” Drake said calmly, a smile on his face. I stood there, forcing my anger out with each breath I took. 

“Fine.” I said tightly. “Alec, would you tell me what the ‘perks’ are to being a vampire?” Alec smiled at me, and I was instantly full of warmth. 

“Of course Nicky! One of the perks is hypnotism. Hm… There’s also having super strength, you’re really fast, and your hearing is AMAZING! You can hear miles away!  And you can smell very well too! Plus, some people even have extra powers too! For example, Drake can freeze time! It’ll take him a while to get his power to its full potential, but he’s definitely getting there. Also, some people say that there is even more special vampires who have ALL the powers! Though, those people are very rare.” Alec said, his eyes gleaming.

I smiled took a breath, feeling the cool air rush into my lungs. That’s when I finally noticed the burning. My lungs felt like they were on FIRE! I gasped, and that caused even more burning! My eyes went wide, and my hands clasped my throat. “Why are my lungs burning?!” I managed to croak out. Alec smiled and laughed. 

“Don’t worry Nicky that just means that you’re thirsty. Didn’t Chase already tell you this though?” he asked, still smiling. I thought for a moment, and finally conjured up the memory in which Chase taught me how to deal with the thirst.

“Um, yeah.” I figured out that I could whisper, but it still caused my throat some burning, though not as much as talking did. “He said that I should… drink… as soon as I woke up. And the longer I didn’t drink, the more my throat would burn. So, should I like… go into the woods? Cause I don’t really want to… um… bite a human.  That wouldn’t be right.” I whispered. Drake smiled at me, and took my hand. 

“Lets go.” He whispered back, and we were gone in a flash.

My fangs retracted as I bit into the already dead fox. The warm liquid we down my throat, and eased the burning until it was completely gone. I sighed, and licked the extra blood off my lips. As I was just sitting there, I happened to look down on my wrist. The one with my bracelet! “Shit! Dad!” I whispered. I called Drakes name, and he immediately ran to me. 

“What’s the matter?” he asked worriedly. 

“My parents!” I answered. “I have to go back home! They’re waiting for me! And my dad, he’d probably want to be turned too if it meant he’d be able to walk around, but not as a ghost. Do you think I can turn him? Like, can you teach me HOW to turn other people? Or… or…. Maybe you and your family can come back to my time! Just um… bring A LOT of money with you! Things are expensive there! Haha!” I was so pleased with my idea, that I didn’t even consider getting a no, cause somehow I knew that I’d get a yes. Drake thought a moment, as if considering the idea, then smiled at me.