XXII: Watch Your Back

Start from the beginning

"So she just left?" He asked as we idly stood by the heater against the wall.

"She just left," I nodded, "Worst part is that Melissa isn't gonna be cool with that. She's got so much to think about and focus on, I can't call her away from that. Plus, Mom said she's fine."

"Can you trust her word on that?" Noah asked, looking rather concerned. I understood where his uncertainty was coming from as a part of me felt the unease as well. But I couldn't keep holding Mom back like this, pacifying her. She needed to grown and she needed my support, if that meant letting her be on her own, that's what it meant, "It's just gonna be a bit hard, for both of us," I said.

"I understand, totally. But, uh, you know that I'd be happy to help," Noah smiled, "Anytime you need me. I don't care what time or day or how far I am from you-"

"Noah-"

"No," He glanced around quickly, checking no one was in sight before taking my hand into his, his eyes sinking into mine, "I'm here for you."

I looked into his deep blue eyes and felt that familiar warmth that only he could give, "Thank you."

"Plus, I gotta take care of you. I'm scared if one more fucked up thing happens, you'll end up going nuts and I like my guys with a head on their shoulders," He laughed. I rolled my eyes and smirked, a little. He had a point. Looking at my life's events over the past five months, even I was surprised I wasn't sectioned myself.

His hand moved from mine as someone passed the corner. He straightened up and looked at them as they chattered at a locker. Frowning, I shifted a bit and looked down, "Nothing will be normal will it?"

"Well you just gotta be there for her, let her do what she needs to get better. It'll be okay, I told you-"

"I'm not talking about her," I sighed.

He looked puzzled for a slightly second as he stood her, quite useless and lost. Then a look of realisation, then quick hurt ran over his eyes. Looking down, he sighed, "Sorry..."

"Don't be," My head snapped up and I inhaled quickly, "I guess it's not easy for either of us."

"It is," He nodded, "But maybe-"

I covered my face as I felt tears ring around the bottom of my eyes, I couldn't cry right here. I didn't want to cry anymore. Clasping my face, I attempted to turn away only for him to clutch my shoulders. Turning me, he took my hands away and held my cheek, "Hey!"

"Stop..." I sniffed, "Just go..."

"What's wrong? Was it me? I didn't mean to offend but you know that we can't be open-"

"I'm just stressed, okay!" I snapped, tears falling down my cheek, "I just need everything stop for a second, you know? So I can just breathe."

"Yes, I know," He nodded, "I know and I'm sorry."

I hated crying in front of people, especially him. I felt so childish and dumb. I messily wiped at my tears and sniffed as I attempted not to look like a mess. But the look he gave me told me he didn't care all that much. He wasn't bothered about how I look, he just cared about how I felt. Why wasn't that enough? Would that ever be enough?

"I love you," He told me, "I love you so much."

As I opened my mouth, his grasped my hand and pulled me to the corner of the hall out of view and pushed me against it. Pressing his lips against mine, my eyes fluttered closed and i melted into his arms as he held me. Our lips hard and warm as kissed for, what felt like the longest time. His hands ran to my waist as he pulled my body closer to his, his strength and heat made my skin tingle.

My hands ran to his shoulders and clutched them as I allowed him to slide his hand up toward my back, trying not to groan from the sweet sensation. He had that annoying way of making a simple kiss feel like heaven.

Parting, he looked down as my lips and then at my eyes and a wide smile ran over his face, "One day we won't be here. One day we will run from this place and just be us. We can do this in the street, in a cafe, in a cinema, a park. Anywhere, everywhere. Because I love you."

I blushed a bit and sniffed again, "I know. I love you too."

"Come here," He pulled me into his arms and held me tightly, "You're mine."

A sudden feeling ran over me, not comfort or happiness.

Caution? As if... as if someone was watching us...

A/N: So, how do you think was watching? Haha, I love building tension. Thank you guys for reading! I will try to update regularly now because it's only fair, you guys have nearly taken me to 1000 reads! Thank you so much! As usual, don't forget to Vote and Comment! They mean a lot to me, I love hearing feedback and seeing your comments, they make my day! ^.^

Also, could you guys check out my friends sisters story, please? It's called 'Lost Boy' and is written by darlingdimps. It's a beautiful LGBT+ story about a boy who struggles with homophobia and bullying and is very cute but heartbreaking! Also thanks to LoveEqualityAboveAll and Van971 for your comments and reading! They mean a lot and it's great! ^.^