Chapter One

Ash :
I refill the ink and start injecting it onto my customer using my drill. Some cry when I do this, some try to hard to act brave, some never even get the tattoo but just yell, some however actually remain calm and cooperate with me. I have now sort of learnt to handle the tantrums of the customers. Earlier I used to help them calm down, give them water, play music but trust me now I don't give two shits about them. I do my job, that is making tattoos I am not here to listen to the customer's unnecessary shit. Today, however, the customer's pretty chill. He doesn't flinch when I insert the needle into his skin and nor does he scream. "Ay boy are those flowery decorations out front yours?", he asks. I shake my head as I finish the tattoo of a lion on his bicep, "Not mine. Some one new is moving into the next shop, Florist". He doesn't say anything and nods. After he leaves, I peek out of my window. "No put the pink flower on the left side and on the right the yellow one", a high pitched voice speaks. Seems like a highly energised girl to me. One of those who love the color pink and almost always wears heels. My ex used to be of that sort. Hate that sort. I used to like the previous shop owner though, he had a small stationary shop but then one day he disappeared with all his stuff. I was pretty sad, sadder than usual. I had quite the friendship when that guy and trust me I don't make friends that easily. I hardly ever talk to anyone but that guy was my pal, I used to go over and talk to him when I had no customers but now it seems that I have to sulk more than I usually do. I am quite the quiet guy. Introvert, always wearing dark clothes and never smiling. I look at the door as the bells hung around it jingle. I watch as a blond girl with a bright smile and crystal like green eyes. Her cheeks a light color of red and her lips a bit darker. Her blond hair looks soft as it rests on her shoulders. "Hello Sir!", she greets. It takes me a minute to understand that she is talking to me. I don't say anything but stand there awkwardly. "I am Chen, I am your new "shop neighbour' I guess," she stops for awhile to take in the environment of my shop, dark and paintings of terrors, "uh pretty nice decor, okay I'll come back later! You're quite nice and polite, trust me that lifts a huge weight off me, I expected you to be someone rude, oh! I must leave immediately, got a lot of job, nice talking to you, don't worry I'll surely come back later", she rambles on and on and then finally leaves. She appears as an exclamation mark to me inside my head. Every sentence of her seems like a declaration, a huge moment of joy. I wish she doesn't come back later. I mean I didn't even utter a word, what was she even going on about? Only a pretty face, I say to myself and get back to work, throwing used needles and cleaning the area.
××
Its been 2 hours since she came around, 3 customers came and left. I feel a bit uneasy today, probably because of all the noise happening in the other room. The girl, Chen, must be decorating the room ever since the morning because all I hear is, "put that there", thud, "no there", thud, " actually that corner". I eye the clock, 4 PM, I tell myself 'one more hour ash, you can do it'. Everyday I come in at 10 and leave at 5. It's pretty chill for me. Or was. I don't know how I am going to deal with being 'shop neighbours' with this girl. "What's your name?", I hear her and I am pretty dumbfounded as I can't find her. "Over here!" She laughs and I turn towards the voice. Oh no. She discovered the hole in the wall. For Goodness sake, why. This hole had formed some months ago when I wanted to test the strength of the wall as I was bored. By hitting a hammer on it. And how long do you think a wooden wall lasted? That's right, not a minute. "Do you care to speak gentleman?,", she squeaks and almost falls out of the hole into my tattoo designing parlour, "oops, oh my. That was a close one. Don't you have anything to say about it?". Why was she laughing now? I didn't get her reactions or emotions. And I am not sure what to say, so I shrug. She shrugs back. God she never stops smiling, what's up with her? My breath hitches as she says "Know what?, Stay there I am coming over". Oh lord, save me.

×××××

New story peeps! Leave comments, votes and likes, lyyyyyyyyyyyy.

So far I have imagined Elle Fannings as Chen. Not sure about Ash, Zayn maybe?

x kate x