Chapter 11: Queen's Coronation

Start from the beginning

"Good afternoon," Beast made his presence known to the three. They stood up to acknowledge his presence.

"Good afternoon." they replied in unison. The table once again had scrumptious food, as expected from the Royal Chefs. Since Mal had already experienced this, she knew to wait for Beast to start and then she could dig in. Seeing this, Ben and Belle were happy to see that Mal no longer needed the guidance from both of them. After Beast had started eating, the three proceeded to eat quietly.

Beast,Ben and Belle made sure to keep his eyes on Mal the entire lunch, making sure she was behaving like a proper Queen. To Ben and Belle's delight, Mal behaved like how a Queen would behave, knowing which utensils to use and sitting straight without slouching whilst being graceful. Mal knew that they were looking at her, she felt conscious, but quickly adapted to show that she was the right choice to be the Queen.

Once they had finished their lunch, tea was prepared. Mal knew this was another test she had to pass, so she waited for Beast to start before sipping on her cup of tea. Belle had taught her all the things she has to know to be a Queen. She sipped from the cup, holding the cup with her pinky extended out in the air.

After a sip, she set down her cup on the table with grace and poise. Beast was shocked to see how much she had improved since the first time she had lunch with them. She was more comfortable and stable, unlike that time, she was unnatural and stiff. His impression of her had improved after the last lunch, and it improved farther now. He could tell how much effort she had put in to behave like a Queen.

"So, Mal, do you remember what I thought about you? About how I feel you are not the rightful Queen..." Beast started.

"Father,..." Ben opened his mouth to object, but Beast had stopped him.

"Wait Son, let me finish. Well, I thought wrong. Mal, you are the perfect one to be the next Queen. Son, you picked the right girl to be the next Queen." Beast said. To say the least, Mal, Ben and Belle were shocked at what Beast had just said. Never did Mal and Ben expect Beast to let those words escape his mouth.

Once they have gotten over the shock, Mal and Ben let out a sigh of relief. You could see a weight had lifted from Mal's shoulder. She looked much more relaxed and comfortable. Ben got up and went to hug his father. Mal just stood up in shock and had a look of gratitude on her face. Belle walked over to her and hugged her, congratulating her. Once she had let go of Mal, Mal looked over to Beast to see him with his arms open, showing a sign of welcome to the family. Mal walked over and went in for the hug, feeling on the top of the world from this feeling of warmth.

Beast whispered in her ear, "Welcome, Mal." Mal smiled happily, regaining that smile from before.

After the hug between Mal and Beast was over, Mal ran over to Ben and leapt into his arms. They hugged each other tightly because they finally did it! They finally got Beast's approval!

Mal felt tears welling up in her eyes, and the tears rolled down her cheeks. The two pulled away, and Ben was shocked to see tears rolling down her cheeks. He used his hands to wipe away the tears from her cheeks.

"Oh my, why am I crying? Haha.." she said while starting to wipe her eyes in hopes of stopping her tears from falling. She knew this was happy tears from Beast's acceptance. She eventually stopped, and her smile began to become brighter and brighter. She could even take over the job as being the Sun. As if it was possible, she was glowing even more than before. The four of them came together and hugged, making it look even more like a family picture. Ben and Mal bid farewell to Beast and Belle as they were heading back to their rooms.

—Time skip to when they arrive at the rooms—

"Bye Mal, the guys are calling me to go to Carlos' and Jay's room." Ben bid farewell to Mal and they headed for separate ways.