Chapter Seven: Explainations

Chapter Seven: Explanations

***Maximum Ride***

Oh. My. God.

Breathe, Max. Breathe.

OH MY GOD.

He's back. He's here. He isn't dead. And, most importantly, he's going to help us.

Ari.

Ari is back.

He said that he would help us, but to be patient because it would take a while before he would actually be able to do anything that could help us more than treating us gently after experiments and tests.

Ari.

***Perseus Jackson***

"Thalia?"

What in the name of Poseidon was Thalia doing here? Why did they capture Thalia? How did they even know where she was? Gods of Olympus, how did they even manage to get her away from the hunters, not to mention Artemus?

My head whirled with questions, and I was giving myself a headache.

They placed Thalia in a cage next to Annabeth, and they put the other two captives in the cages next to Max, Nudge, Iggy, and Angel. (Max had told me earlier that Fang and Gazzy, two other members of their flock, had managed to elude the hybrids.)

They were all limp, and the hybrids treated them relatively gently.

I looked over to Annabeth to see what she thought, and she looked numb with shock and disbelief. The slamming of the heavy door in the relative silence of our prison jolted her back to her senses. 

"Thalia!"

We watched as Thalia stirred, and eventually opened her eyes. She blinked blearily at the cage surrounding her, then quickly shot up. She looked around, and her eyes settled on Annabeth and I.

"Percy?! Annabeth?! What are you two doing here? Are you hurt? Everyone has been going crazy looking for you two!"

"We're fine, Thalia. How did they find you? Are the others alright?"

At this, she bit her lip, and looked carefully at me.

"Thalia?"

She was worrying me now.

"Thalia?" my eyes narowed. "Thalia, answer my question."

"Well...I wasn't there, but Jason Iris-Messaged me and, well, Leogotshotbythehybrids."

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Opening my eyes, I said "Now tell that to me again, slowly this time, so I can actually understand you."

She looked at me, her electric blue eyes swirling with apprehension. "Percy, Leo got shot by the hybrids."

My eyes widened, and I heard Annabeth gasp.

"Where? Where did he get shot? How serious is it? Is he still . . . ." I trailed off, not able to bring myself to finishing my question.

"He's alive, but it's serious. It took him in his shoulder, and he passed out not long after he was shot. When Jason Iris-Messaged me, he still hadn't woke up, but Chiron was working on him along with the best from the Apollo Cabin, so I wouldn't worry." 

But she was clearly worried, I could see it in her eyes.

There was something she wasn't telling me, and I had a feeling that she it had something to do with Leo. Especially if Chiron himself was working on him.

Because Chiron only works on life-threatening injuries.

***

(A/N)

So, you got some news about Leo, but it isn't good news! What's gonna happen to Leo? That's for me to know and you to find out! :P

(The next chapter will have Leo's POV if I get 15 votes!)

So, anyways, this chapter is dedicated to RavenTheAngel, and this was her comment:

"I know for a fact that Silena Beauregaurd died, I'm pretty sure Charles Beckendorf died. Luke died, but I still consider him a demigod, so about three that I know of."

I still consider Luke a demigod too!

Dedication Question: (Maximum Ride Series)

Who was Max's Voice?

Ciao!

safisarod