Chapter 5: Sparks and Fireworks

Marcy :

Throughout the whole play there was one thing on my mind. I want to go home. This play was just a bad version of Bonnie and Clyde. Dave and Daniel didn't even have an important role. They played as newspaper boys. The play took forever. It started at 7 and ended at 8:30. It wasn't even supposed to last that long.

I sighed in relief as we started to get up and out of the auditorium. I shot up out of my seat, but someone grabbed my forearm.

"What are you doing here?" Jett asked shocked.

"Oh, um Dave and Daniel are in the play. Didn't you see them? The newspaper boys."

"O-Oh no. I was distracted by what I saw." Jett blushed and scratched the back of his head.

"What'd you see and why are you here?"

"It was something silly. Don't worry.about it. And my little sister played as Bonnie." He gave a small smile.

"Why haven't I met her yet?" I gently shoved his shoulder.

"Whoa whoa. Because I don't let her into my room." He chuckled.

"Marce, let's go!" Daniel called out.

"Ugh. Okay! Hold on," I shot back at them. I turned back to Jett, "Do you think you could take me to school tomorrow?"

"Yeah! I-I mean yeah, sure."

"Well see you tomorrow then, Pennick." I laughed and headed to the car.

I turned on my phone back on since mom had made me turn it off for the play. It took a few seconds to start up. I looked out the window as I waited. The passing cars passed quite too quickly. My phone vibrated a couple of times when it was fully turned on. *1 MISSED CALL. 3 NEW MESSAGES.* They were all from Logan.

Logan : Hey. :)

Logan : What’s up?

Logan : You there?

I smiled. It was almost 9 when I arrived home. I went straight to my room and closed the door, locking it. My window was partially open due to the fact that I was in a rush to get ready for the play after going through an embarrassing moment with Jett. Well it wasn’t embarrassing, it was just a bit too awkward for me. I like him, Jett Pennick. Only a little though. I sighed and laid down on my bed. “What am I getting into?” I thought to myself. Then I heard a knock on my window. I looked out and I saw Jett standing there.

“What are you doing, Pennick?” I opened the window.

“Just wanted to see if you want to chill.” He gave me a small smirk.

“You’re so strange. Sure, though.” I giggled.

I stepped out onto the ledge, standing next to Jett. It was quite chilly by now since autumn was starting soon. My roof was a bit too small for the both of us to stand on. I had to hold onto something. That something was Jett. My arms were wrapped around his waist as his were wrapped around me. I felt so safe and warm in his arms. I closed my eyes as he pulled me closer to his chest. I never wanted to leave his arms.

“I think that it’s time to head back inside now, Marcy.” Jett mumbled into my hair.

“No.” I whispered against his chest.

“C’mon. I’ll see you in the morning.” He chuckled, making his whole body vibrate a bit.

I sighed and pulled away from him slowly. My eyes were still locked on his chest. Jett placed a finger under my chin and lifted it up. I was now looking into his green eyes with my brown ones. His thumb brushed across my cheek and I closed my eyes. I felt his body press against mine with small pressure. My eyes barely fluttered open looking at his lips. Jett’s lips were a soft pink. I took short amount of time to study his face. Tan, green eyes, perfect nose and lips. His jaw line was remarkable. I don’t understand why girls wouldn’t like him. He was perfect. Before I could look at more features, he pressed his lips against mine. I was a bit stunned, but I soon kissed him back. Jett’s lips were soft and plump. He moved one of his hands to the bottom of my back and the other one was cupping my face. Both my hands were cupping his face, bringing him closer to me.

I felt them.

Sparks.

Fireworks.

I just felt it all.

“Good night, Marcy.” Jett pulled away, kissed my forehead before letting me go.

“Night, Jettson.” I smiled at him, watching him crawl back into his room.

I held my window up as I crawled back in. I suddenly felt so much lonelier. I needed his lips to be pressed on mine again. Sighing, I laid down on my bed, covering myself in my duvet. I turned off my lamp. The only light source that illuminated my room was the moon. As the darkness took over my room, Jett took over my mind.