Chapter Four - A Love That Dances - Eryn

AUTHOR'S NOTE.

As you've probably (more hopefully) realised, the main protagonist of All We Know changes between Eryn, Kristina, Luke and & Brydan every chapter. I want to just emphasize that this cycle starts with KRISTINA on Chapter Two - The Butterfly, not Eryn on Chapter One, because...well it just does :) So it goes; Kristina, Luke, Eryn, Brydan then back to Kristina again. And perhaps some other narrators added in later....who knows... Anyway, get on and read! :) Francesca.

p.s I reccomend you play the amazing song over there -> as soon as it's mentioned in the writing, it's near the end so try and REMEMBER! :)

A Week Later.

Mid November. 

Eryn Anna Rivers pushed open the door of the small, dimly lit bookshop, Thea Mellor following behind. The November sunshine was thin and cloudy, so the shop was lighted with glowing lamps, perched randomly all around the room. George, the twenty-something redheaded shopkeeper, a friend of Thea's, had always promised he'd get the ceiling lights wired up. But Thea, a frequent visitor of the shop, had always insisted she preferred it this way. She said it was more cosy, more enchanting. 

The pair dumped their things on their favorite squashy blue sofa in the back corner of the room, taking off their scarves and shrugging of their coats. Eryn searched for books on the Russia during the First World War, and Thea had told Eryn she was merely 'just browsing', a story she did not believe, as she watched the frantic look of determination of Thea's face, her eyes scanning down many a book spine.  Being of Russian descent herself, her father's side, and having lived in until she was 10, Eryn loved her home country almost as much as she loved dancing. Her eyes fell on a folded Ashensea Weekly that lay on an the armrest of an armchair, the headline, "STILL NO EXPLANATION, EVERSON WANTS ANSWERS." There was a picture of Luke's dad, Mayor of Ashensea James Everson, underneath a picture of when he had given a popular speech last week. A total of forty-eight people had died in, what the town had called it, 'The Farral Park Incident'. The train crash. Thirty-two were from Ashensea, and nothing had rocked the town this badly as this for as long as Eryn could remember. People were quiter, but they talked in hushed voices, almost whispering, much, much more. The atmosphere in the street was uneasy to see they least, and anguished at the most.

Eryn watched as Thea slid a book from it's place on the shelf, gazing at the title; Train Crashes Of The World Since 1900. Brianna and her brother Nathan had been in the carriage with the fire. Thea looked up at Eryn, 

"I'm interested. Don't shoot me," she mumbled and sat down on the sofa, bringing her knees up and began to read. Eryn took a a book entitled 'The Imprisonment and Murder of The Romanov Family' she had been skimming, and walked briskly over to the counter, where George was plucking chords on his ancient acoustic guitar, his green woollen fingerless gloves tattered. She placed her book on the counter, and fumbled for her blue polka-dot purse as George scanned the back of the book, before placing it in a plain plastic bag and holding his hand out to her for the money.

"That'll be £7.99, Angelina Ballerina...how's your dad, by the way?" George said, looking up at her as he placed the money into the cash register. His father worked for her father's architectural business.

Eryn shrugged, "He's fine, Georgie Porgie," she grinned and he rolled his eyes,

"God, Erin, grow up," he said with mock reverence, and she stuck her tongue out in response, and he did the same, but in a more childish, overdramatic manner.

"Argh!" Eryn looked away from George, "I always forget about your pierced tongue. It doesn't make you look cooler, you know." George pouted his lips in pretend sadness, deliberately showing off his lip piercing. Eryn laughed,