Chapter 13

Published: 4/12/2016; Tuesday; 1:25pm; Unedited

#1 - Almost to the end of this story and will be publishing book two after the next chapter and the epilogue. Wow, this will be my first completed story. Would you look at that...

#2 - I had originally thought that I had published this yesterday but apparently it didn't and I didn't realize until two minutes ago. So here you go!

Chapter 13

Kirito had messaged me quite a few more times, telling me that Yui was an AI created to watch everyone in the game, escaped, and lost her memory. She regained it, and fought to protect both him and Asuna from Death-- or at least, that's what the monster he described to me seemed to be the manifestation of Death-- before the Admin found out and quickly got rid of her.

Of course Kirito would do something to save her before they could.

Apparently, they had been looking for a control panel of sorts, one that Death had been guarding, and manage to save Yui...by turning her into a stone instead of deleting her, or something.

I had no clue how that worked, really, or how to think about it because how the hell does that even work?

I sigh, finishing off the monsters I've been grinding with, glancing at my level and spun my sword and sheathing it on my back. Yawning, I use a stone and appear on the floor with Yuu's shop, and walk past everyone in the crowd, chatting and laughter filled the air, but my face was blank, lacking any cheer or happiness.

A little orange light started flashing to the right of my vision, making me pull up my menu and seeing the orange dot move to the messages. I frown, clicking on it. It was from Kirito.

Floor Boss tomorrow at noon, meet up on 75th floor at Corinea teleport gate plaza.

I stop in my tracks in surprise, he was coming back to the front lines? I hadn't seen Kirito since he brought me to help with Yui, and that was weeks ago, almost a month ago. But with Kirito came Asuna, someone I really don't want to see.

Actually, I don't want to see either of them, but this...a floor boss...it's been a while since I helped with that. After my suspension, I drifted away from the front lines, going to grind instead.

I continue walking, to prepare myself for tomorrow. Oh, and tell Yuu as well.

'...I have a really bad feeling about this next fight...'

~*~*~*~*~*~

In a flash of blue and white, I appear on the 75th floor at Corinea Teleport Gate Plaza. I was met with Kirito and Asuna look over at me, their eyes widening.

After a moment of hesitation, I walk over to their group and stop before them, I lift my hand up.

"Yo."

"Mue," Kirito greets me, a small smile on his lips, relief in his eyes, "I honestly thought you wouldn't show up since you haven't responded to any of my messages in a while." Asuna's eyes flash to him in confusion, as if asking 'you message her?', making me roll my eyes.

"Didn't know I had to reply to every update you gave me," I reply, then I gave him a smile. I had undoubtedly missed him more than I would ever admit.

We started walking, clearly aware of the stares (read: dirty looks) the other players were giving us-- well, Kirito, maybe me. I'm not sure what reputation I hold anymore.

"Hey!" I familiar voice called from behind us, we turn around.

Kirito gave a lazy smirk, immediately recognizing the two men, "Oh, you guys are coming too?"