Chapter 10

Published: 11/01/2015; Sunday; 6:23pm; Unedited

I had been in the front lines more than anyone probably would have expected of me, tearing my way through all monsters and bosses like it was nobody's business, I just kept going, and when I wasn't fighting, I was with Yuu in the store or at home reading (read: staring at the wall for a long period of time until Yuu comes to make food). Kirito and Asuna took time off the front lines, going on a honeymoon in a way, and I haven't heard from either of them in a while. Nothing at all.

Not that I had a right to know.

I sipped my tea that I had made for Yuu and I, it was my break first so I made some tea and snacks, so that when it was Yuu's turn for a break and I was running the front, he could take a nap. It switches a lot, but today was my turn.

I heard a dinging from the front door, signaling someone had entered the store, I raised the cup to my lips and sipped at the tea.

"Welcome! What can I do for you?" Yuu's voice called out to the person. "Ah, you're..."

"Yes, I'm Kirito, and you are?"

"I'm Yuu, the owner of the shop."

"...nice to meet you, is Mue here?" I noticed a delay in him saying that. I glanced at the doorway which had curtains covering from anyone seeing the back, and it worked the same from the inside. I sighed, grabbing one of the crepes I made in hopes of eating some with Yuu if it was slow enough, and stood from the chair and went over to the doorway, pushed the curtains aside and bit off some of my snack.

"Yo," I greeted Kirito when he saw me, Yuu turned around, worry in his eyes. I gave him a look and I went to the counter, hopping up on it and offering a some to Yuu, he rolled his eyes but took a bite anyways. I looked back to Kirito, pausing as I saw him glaring at Yuu, I raised an eyebrow, "So? What's up?"

He snapped his head towards me, stared at me for a few seconds then glanced at the door, "I need you to meet someone...and I need your help." My eyebrows could have shot to the sky from surprise when I heard that, Kirito wants-- no, needs help? Hm.

"Why?" I asked, biting into the crepe again, but simply staring at him. He seemed surprised at my question, as if expecting me to instantly say yes...

Like I always have.

"W-well, Asuna and I found a girl, and we can't really figure out what she is, what's her purpose, or where she belongs. I noticed you were good at observing and taking note of every detail whenever you would help put a plan together before a battle."

I smirked, "So you think I can figure out what or who this girl is? How does Asuna feel about asking me for help?" I could almost imagine the girl being annoyed, yelling at me again. I almost laughed.

"Actually, she was reluctant to tell me in the first place but, this was her idea." I froze, eyes widening.

Asuna was the one who came up with the idea to actually ask me. Asuna needed my help.

"Oh this is too good to be true," I chuckled, I looked at Yuu, "but I'd rather wait until after Yuu's break..."

"Just go," Yuu shook his head, "help them and when you're done, buy us some groceries on the way back."

I finished the crepe and jumped off the side of the counter, where Kirito was and waved at him, "There are snacks and tea prepared in the back, when it's slow, go in the back and eat."

He rolled his eyes, "Yes mother." I sent him a quick glare and started walking to the door, hearing Kirito following behind. "See you later, Yuu."

"Have a safe trip!"

Once we were outside I turned to Kirito who was looking at me weirdly before turning and walking to where Asuna and the girl probably were at.

"So, that guy..." he started, and I tilted my head, even though he couldn't see me, "are you guys dating, or something?" I stopped in my tracks and stared at him in shock and disbelief, then I busted out laughing.

"Wha-- why are you laughing?" I saw him ahead off me, an embarrassed look and blush on his face. My heart fluttered but I kept laughing.

"Yuu? And me? No-- no! Not at all!" I laughed, shaking my head, I jogged to catch up with him and we kept walking. "Yuu actually reminds me of my brother, so I see him more as a brother than anything else."

"You have a brother."

Oh, I guess I never really told him that in the two years we've known each other.

"Yeah, my parents are doctors so they're never home much, my brother is in a university college so I don't get to see him often either..." I responded, feeling the need to tell him some things about myself. I made a face, "Asuna comes into play in my life as well, as you probably might have figured out, but we know each other in real life too." He nodded. "Hey, Kirito?"

"Hm?"

"What's you're name?"

He knew exactly what I meant, and seemed to ponder on whether to tell me or not, "Will you tell me yours?"

"Of course."

"Kirigaya Kazuto."

I blinked, 'He...'

"Now I know where the name 'Kirito' came from," I chuckled, "smart." He grinned.

"Thanks."

"Well, Kirigaya Kazuto-san," I ran in front of him, making him stop as I stood in front of him with a hand out, smiling, "it's nice to meet you, my name is Narashi Ume."

His eyes widened, "As in Narashi, being the founders of the largest hospital in Japan?" I nodded with a sheepish smile, he took my hand and we shook it once. Oh, what I would give to keep holding his hand...

He let go and looked around, "We're almost to where they're waiting."

I nod and we kept walking, but as I trailed behind him once again, I couldn't help but let stare at him longingly.

But like usual, Asuna took that away from me, leaving me with no chances anymore. I gritted my teeth.

'Don't let him know, can't let him know...' I sighed, sticking my hands in my skirt's pocket. Life really sucks, doesn't it?